E-mail from Brooks

tonyho7476

I sent this to Brooks today....nothing ground breaking...but some information.

Hi Brooks. I was wondering what the first three games

of the season hold for us. I heard Game 1 is the

banner unveiling, and game 2 the ring ceremony, but

what is Game 3? I heard something, but I forgot what

it was.

Also, I heard the Sox are approaching 23,000 for

season tickets. Is that accurate? If so, WOW. I got

mine, so I'm not worried.

Thanks as always,

Tony from Stickney

Here is his response...

Good to hear from you Tony. Hope the Holidays treated you well.

Game 1 will be the banners.

Game 2 will be the rings.

Game 3 will have the trophy involved in some way. Stay tuned on this

one as we continue to iron out details.

As for season tickets, we are not to 23,000 yet. Key word, "yet".

All the best,

Brooks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Who the hell told you 23K... ???  :huh

Don't listen to them anymore.  :banghead

The guy who gets me tickets, it was his friend in the ticket office. I just wanted to see if Brooks would give me a number, and he didn't...like I thought.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
The guy who gets me tickets, it was his friend in the ticket office.  I just wanted to see if Brooks would give me a number, and he didn't...like I thought.

His friend is a goof.

QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
I hope we don't get crowds like you know 10,000-15,000 for sucky teams.

That's wha the season ticket base means... If you have a season ticket base of a fixed number, you have that many tickets sold for every game... That's why them having a supposed base of 20,000 is so important because it guarentees 20k tickets are sold for even the s***ty April games. We aren't going to see any crowds of 10-15k this year.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
The guy who gets me tickets, it was his friend in the ticket office.  I just wanted to see if Brooks would give me a number, and he didn't...like I thought.

He's not going to either. It is the big deteriming factor in the budget, and the Sox don't float that number easily.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Wana bet...?

Sold tickets might not fall under 15K... but butts in seats will.

That might happen, but the official number is how many tickets they sell. There have been many nights where we see an attendance of 15k with about half of those dressed as blue seats. Regardless the ticket money still goes into the Sox budget.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
That might happen, but the official number is how many tickets they sell.  There have been many nights where we see an attendance of 15k with about half of those dressed as blue seats.  Regardless the ticket money still goes into the Sox budget.

Now they'll be dressed as green seats. :bang :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
That might happen, but the official number is how many tickets they sell.  There have been many nights where we see an attendance of 15k with about half of those dressed as blue seats.  Regardless the ticket money still goes into the Sox budget.

If you don't want to bet.. just say you don't want to bet.. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
That's wha the season ticket base means... If you have a season ticket base of a fixed number, you have that many tickets sold for every game... That's why them having a supposed base of 20,000 is so important because it guarentees 20k tickets are sold for even the s***ty April games.  We aren't going to see any crowds of 10-15k this year.

This is not really true. A FULL season base gets you that, yes. But the season ticket base includes split/partial plans as well. In other words, if there are 15k actual full season holders, and 12k split season (27 game) holders worth 1/3 season each, you have a "seaosn ticket base" of 19k. But in reality, a third of those games have only 15k sold. Others may have up to 19k or more, depending on which plans people bought.

I am not sure if Ozzies go in there too, at about 1/6 season value, since they are not referred to in the marketing materials as season tickets. But the split plans are.

These aren't necessarily the current numbers BTW, just showing an example.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
This is not really true.  A FULL season base gets you that, yes.  But the season ticket base includes split/partial plans as well.  In other words, if there are 15k actual full season holders, and 12k split season (27 game) holders worth 1/3 season each, you have a "seaosn ticket base" of 19k.  But in reality, a third of those games have only 15k sold.  Others may have up to 19k or more, depending on which plans people bought.

I am not sure if Ozzies go in there too, at about 1/6 season value, since they are not referred to in the marketing materials as season tickets.  But the split plans are.

These aren't necessarily the current numbers BTW, just showing an example.

At this point there are approx 20K seats sold for every game via full holders, 27 gamers, ozzie plan, etc..

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Why would you jump on somebody for saying 23K. That's only 15% off.

I don't know about jumping on someone, but that is a difference of 250,000 people over the course of a season. really that a is a big difference, no matter what the percentage is.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
At this point there are approx 20K seats sold for every game via full holders, 27 gamers, ozzie plan, etc..

Really?! Wow. Still doesn't really make sense, since the split plans only cover 2/3 of the games (the other third was left off split plans).

But that aside, if there are at least 20k sold for ALL games somehow, that is really impressive. More so than I thought.

Go Sox fans!

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)

I didn't jump on anything..

But considering at an average of $27 per ticket (regular pricing not including prime and premier) that's approx 250K tickets for an approx seating revenue of $6.7 million over the year... pretty significant, IMO.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)

She wasn't jumping on the number, she was responding to my point about how the base is calculated. Just clarifying.

If Steff is right, and there are at least 20k each game, then put this in perspective: 20k for the 1/3 of the season NOT in the split plans, and there are probably thousands of split plans sold. So the other 2/3, the 23k number is probably actually low. This makes things look pretty good for a huge 2006.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
I didn't jump on anything..

But considering at an average of $27 per ticket (regular pricing not including prime and premier) that's approx 250K tickets for an approx seating revenue of $6.7 million over the year... pretty significant, IMO.

Sorry, I took things like "??? :huh " and " :banghead " as "jumping on someone"

And yeah you're right, $6 million is a fairly significant difference, but it is still only January 3, which means there are 3 more months until opening day. I think we're both hoping the base can get up to 23.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Really?!  Wow.  Still doesn't really make sense, since the split plans only cover 2/3 of the games (the other third was left off split plans).

But that aside, if there are at least 20k sold for ALL games somehow, that is really impressive.  More so than I thought.

Go Sox fans!

From what I understand they got rid of one of the 27 gamers to make room for the Ozzie plans. They sold a ton of them.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Sorry, I took things like "??? :huh " and " :banghead " as "jumping on someone"

And yeah you're right, $6 million is a fairly significant difference, but it is still only January 3, which means there are 3 more months until opening day. I think we're both hoping the base can get up to 23.

No prob.. my sarcasm is a tough read sometimes..

I'm torn on the increased based. All these years I've become spoiled at the small crowds and the ease in, out, and around the park.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
No prob.. my sarcasm is a tough read sometimes..

I'm torn on the increased based. All these years I've become spoiled at the small crowds and the ease in, out, and around the park.

I know exactly what you're saying. For my sake, I love the small crowds. We would always be able to move down and get great seats. For the sake of the White Sox and our image, I'm thrilled to hear of the ticket sales. It's also going to be harder for me to get tickets next year because we live too far away to get seasons, but I'm not too upset about that.