Gary Matthews Jr.

CWSOX45

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he's got a LH stick.

I think the only negative thing about him, compared to our other CFers, is that he once played for the Cubs.

The kids got an arm, he's left handed and he has some offensive talent. The kind of guy that could really help this team get on a roll. If we're not going to call up Borchard sign him already, he'd our answer currently for CF.

CWSOX45

And he's got a LH stick.

I think the only negative thing about him, compared to our other CFers, is that he once played for the Cubs.

The kids got an arm, he's left handed and he has some offensive talent. The kind of guy that could really help this team get on a roll. If we're not going to call up Borchard sign him already, he'd our answer currently for CF.

CWSOX45

Maybe all he needs is a little protection to get going. I mean...look at the teams he's been with. The Cubbies....whose offense f***ing blew last year....the Pirates...who had a worse offense then even the Cubbies....and Baltimore....whose offense has never been good. He'd definately find protection in the Sox lineup, even if it is struggling. You put Matthews between Frank, Maggs, Carlos, Paully K and who not else....and he could hit .260 20 70 or so. Those would be incredible numbers....and he would be our answer to Torii Hunter

Was waived by the Orioles today for some reason.....what do you guys think if the Sox had the chance to get him?

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

He is horrid f*** no.

Yeah, and Willie Harris and Armando Rios in centerfield aren't?

CWSOX45

Matthews stats, just now from the Orioles' site, are

G Matthews

BAL OF 40 160 20 32 12 1 2 20 52 7 29 0 3 .238 .325 .200

The guy is hitting 200 and he is some offensive threat? Other tha being a tab better than Rowaand coing off an injury, you guys want to put a 200 hitter out there every day?

PS Murc - so did Clinton's, according to Monica Lewinsky. And he got to be president, so no big deal.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Was waived by the Orioles today for some reason.....what do you guys think if the Sox had the chance to get him?

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

kenny cant hear you .. hes down south house shopping........... ;) ...why is he waived when he should be needed while hairston is on the dl??? doesnt make any sense to me.......there has to be a problem with him... and no i dont want anymore problems..... we have enough.......

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

He is horrid f*** no.

Here is the way I see it...... He is better than any CF on our current roster.

Sarge is better defensively than any CF and is as quick as any of em either.

I'd rather have an ACE in CF defensively than Armando or Willie or Aaron. which have provided almost nada.

G Matthews

The guy is hitting 200 and he is some offensive threat?  Other tha being a tab better than Rowaand coing off an injury, you guys want to put a 200 hitter out there every day?

PS Murc - so did Clinton's, according to Monica Lewinsky.  And he got to be president, so no big deal.

Just wondering cw....would you rather run a random choice of Harris, Rios, or Rowand out there on a day-to-day basis, or would you rather go with a guy that we know will be in the lineup because he has solid defense and a good arm, with decent power, even if he hits like s***?

I'd choose the latter personally....especially considering it is a very small risk.

...why is he waived when he should be needed while hairston is on the dl??? doesnt make any sense to me.......there has to be a problem with him... and no i dont want anymore problems..... we have enough.......

because he is an answer to Torii Hunter? :lol:

A: Gary Matthew Jr.

Q: what is the opposite of Torii Hunter?

Guest hotsoxchick1

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

He is horrid f*** no.

Here is the way I see it...... He is better than any CF on our current roster.

Sarge is better defensively than any CF and is as quick as any of em either.

I'd rather have an ACE in CF defensively than Armando or Willie or Aaron. which have provided almost nada.

oh wadda you know.. your hookin left anyhow......... :o

G Matthews

The guy is hitting 200 and he is some offensive threat?  Other tha being a tab better than Rowaand coing off an injury, you guys want to put a 200 hitter out there every day?

PS Murc - so did Clinton's, according to Monica Lewinsky.  And he got to be president, so no big deal.

If you ask me Matthews would do a lot better hitting in the Sox line-up than with Baltimore. I don't want to see Armando Rios ever again out in centerfield.....yesterday was horrendous.

CWSOX45

yep

see HSC's question - and look at his average - sorry, I see no use for him whatsoever, kind of like Baltimore has

Maybe Walker can help him. I've always liked Gary Matthews Jr., one thing is for sure though he would help our defense A LOT.

CWSOX45

yep

see HSC's question - and look at his average - sorry, I see no use for him whatsoever, kind of like Baltimore has

ud rather have a 200 hitter with average or poor defense........ over a 200 hitter with great defense and some speed to boot?

That's whack