Scrubs

Steff

I never watched this show before, and likely never will again, but last night there was a line where one Dr asks another (sic) what's more embarassing and one of the choices was being a lifelong Cubs fan...

Anyone else watch/see this show and catch the line..?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
I never watched this show before, and likely never will again, but last night there was a line where one Dr asks another (sic) what's more embarassing and one of the choices was being a lifelong Cubs fan...

Anyone else watch/see this show and catch the line..?

I saw it. That was hilarious

Good first two shows for the season, they did some crazy stuff yesterday.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
I watch the show often...

It was something to the effect of what would be more embarassing, being a life-long Cubs fan or a man with no lips smoking a cigarette.

That was it..

Weird show.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
Its quirky.  Its one that you can't just jump into... You either had to watch it from the beginning or give it time to grow on you.  The humor is different, but I love the characters.

Jinx!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
Its quirky.  Its one that you can't just jump into... You either had to watch it from the beginning or give it time to grow on you.  The humor is different, but I love the characters.

I really enjoy the show when I watch it, but it is a show that always falls through the cracks for me, and I even have TiVo. I think they've moved it around a few times, but it really is an excellent show.

I think in the first season they did an episode where Colin Hay from Men at Work would appear and play an accoustic version of "Overkill" It really was one of the finest half hours of TV I've seen in the last few years.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
Elliot (Sarah Chalke) is the oldest daughter on Rosanne, which was weird.

Actually, she was the replacement "Becky". The first girl on the show quit, and this Sarah Chalke stepped in. And then in the last two seasons the original Becky came back and they wrote Sarah Chalke in the show as someone else, which was funny. Ok I am wandering now...

Scrubs rules. :)

I love Scrubs and just finished the first season on DVD. A bit of trivia about the first season you may not have known.

--Did you know that orginally the janitor (played by Neil Flynn) was supposed to be a figment of JD's imagination???? If you go and watch the most of the first season...the janitor ONLY interacts with JD, never with anyone else (shades of The Sixth Sense) but the writers said that the character was so popular that he was made "real" by the writers.

Also, the janitor's name is Neil Flynn (also the name of the actor). Maybe the writers couldn't come up with a good "janitor-sounding' name.

:bang :bang

Scrubs is one of the best shows on TV and has been for years.

Neil Flynn who plays The Janitor is from Chicago originally, and was actually the first basemen for the Cubs in the movie Rookie of the Year.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
great show. The first two seasons are on DVD with extra features. They're 150% worth renting/buying. The humor is tailor made for PA. I love the Re-Run from What's Happening? epidsode.

Elliot (Sarah Chalke) is the oldest daughter on Rosanne, which was weird.

The hospital lawyer, Janitor, Lavern the black nurse, and "the Todd" make this show awesome.

Technically, Sarah Chalke was the "second" oldest daughter on Roseanne, as she pla yed Becky Conner-Healy #2 starting in 1993 when Becky Conner-Healy #1 (Lecy Goranson) left, and then inermittently thereafter when Becky Conner-Healy #1 came back in 1995.

Kind of the Dick York/Dick Sargent deal for the 80s/90's I guess.

I very much like Scrubs, and thought the second seasoon was the strongest. Garden State, of course, took my appreciation for Zach Braff to a new level.

Edit: In finishing reading the thread I see both Kyle and Rex had already cleared up the Becky Issue. Rats.

OK, smarties, what happened to The guy Becky's husband Mark after the show ended?

Edited by FlaSoxxJim