Favorite Steak?

RockRaines

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Mortons but that is a given....I also really like the steaks at Keefers and Blue Water Grille.  Lonestar has good steaks on the cheap.  I have never eaten at Ruth Chris, but I did hear they soaked them in tons of butter.

One good thing about Ruth's Chris; if they undercook your steak, the plate they serve it on could melt iron. Oh, and the butter does the job.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
:notworthy

I love how they bring the cuts out to you and let you select which one you want to eat.  Its a little pricey to eat there but worth every penny.

i would say pretty much 95 percent of the good steak houses down here do that.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Went to Wildfire in Oakbrook last night.

Wood oven roasted mussels to start

Spinach salad

Bone-in Filet with crusted blue cheese on top with redskin mashed pototoes

Finished off with a dirty martini.

Ha...I was gonna go there tonight....but you can never get in before 9. No matter how far ahead you call for reservations...they never have anything before 9...oh but you can just come in and put your name down. They want you just to come in and drink and wait for a table. :finger

f*** it we're going to The Clubhouse tonight. They have a pretty dam good steak there as well!!

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Ruth Chris Place is just mouthwatering.. Blacken Filet with melted butter, and the Turtle soup.. Damn you people, Now I have to go there for a steak..

The best part of the Ruth Chris experience is the sound of your butter cooked steak sizzling as it comes to your table, then the smell of delicioius steak, then the taste.

WildFire in Oakbrook is another good place. Nice steaks, great sides, nice atmosphere.

Those are my two favorites.

It has been fun reading everyones thoughts and now I have a few other places to try out.

What about Ponderosa? That salad bar kicks ass

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Can I just say how much better a good steak up there, is compared to down here?  :crying

I mean ours are still good don't get me wrong.

The best steak I ever had in my life was in Argentina. The second best was on my honeymoon in Aruba at an Argentinian steak house. Their cattle is raised on a better feed, doesnt have all of the steroids we have in the US, and just tastes better. Argentinian steak houses in the US dont compare because they dont have the real deal which is fresh.

I was in Argentina for 2 weeks and ate their steak 2 times a day. Its nice when the dollar just destroys the local currency.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
The best part of the Ruth Chris experience is the sound of your butter cooked steak sizzling as it comes to your table, then the smell of delicioius steak, then the taste.

WildFire in Oakbrook is another good place.  Nice steaks, great sides, nice atmosphere.

Those are my two favorites.

It has been fun reading everyones thoughts and now I have a few other places to try out. 

What about Ponderosa?  That salad bar kicks ass

Man I am on a red meat roll. Last night, hit up wildfire on Erie. Got the chicago cut prime rib, medium rare, emphasis on the rare part. It was amazing prime rib. Had red skin and creamed spinish sides, casear salad. And the famous cookie desert. We had a great meal, I would recommend it for sure.