Tejada not coming here, whew.

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(innersanctum @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Is the person or people that run mlbtraderumors.com from Chicago or are they a national site?  I ask because most of the stuff I read on there pertains to Chicago baseball and the latest thing on there has Baltimore offering Tejada for Contreras, Uribe, Sweeny and Woodson.

BTW this is all public record crap with web registration.

The registrar of mlbtraderumors.com is Tim Dierkes in Lombard

This is probably why this is so sox/cubs based.

But something that is interesting is .

Tim Dierkes is quoted in foxsports

rotoauthority.com has the Same address, same registrar

So while his sources seem to some web boards. He does operate a few websites and has written some articles for foxsports in their fantasy sports area. He also seems to be a contributor to rotoworld. So if in fact he is one and the same, maybe its not all conjecture and bulls***. I still find using message boards as a printed source a bit dicey at best. It wil be interesting to keep an eye out on how many of his predictions comes true, versus reporting after the fact.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would KW be lying if he said the Sox needed Tejada?

Everything he's said has not only been politically correct, but it has been flat out correct too. I don't see a smokescreen at all. If Baltimore finds some sort of match, KW is willing to investigate.

Tejada would be a luxury, and if the planets align, he may wear black and white pinstripes next year. If they don't, which I don't think they will, then he's not coming to the South Side. I think it's pretty easy to tell that.

There is no need to worry about this. It is Baltimore saddled with a Nomar scenario right now, and KW is in the catbird seat. As disgruntled as Tejada with their management, if nothing happens before spring they might be forced into accepting something like Contreras for Tejada straight up. Well, I can wish anyway...

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
There is no need to worry about this.  It is Baltimore saddled with a Nomar scenario right now, and KW is in the catbird seat.  As disgruntled as Tejada with their management, if nothing happens before spring they might be forced into accepting Contreras for Tejada straight up.  Well, I can wish anyway...

SFF

If I had to choose between that, and being saddled with the massive contracts of Ramirez and Clement, I'd do it simply for the money. But if the price for Tejada got so low that we could pull that deal off straight...it'd be insanity for other teams to not try to get into the game.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
I believe someone famous once said, "It ain't over till it's over." I believe Kenny said he wasn't trading Marte too.

So True...did even think of that one

Edited by wilmot825

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
After reading that,I would say it has a better chance of happening then not! :P

Its weird because I have the same feeling. I thought all this talk of Tejada playing for the Sox was mostly BS, then KW says what he says and I think there's a chance he does. Manny said on espn.com that he's staying in Boston, so if he's telling the truth, that rules out one Tejada destination.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
A GM will never tell the truth, so there is still a possibilty Tejada will join the South Siders and the dangerous line-up of Pods,Tejada,Konerko,Thome,Dye sounds like the NEW MURDERS ROW

Sounds a lot like the 2000-2004 Chicago White Sox, with slightly better balance, slightly better hitters, older players, and better defense(than the 2000-2004 teams).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Its weird because I have the same feeling. I thought all this talk of Tejada playing for the Sox was mostly BS, then KW says what he says and I think there's a chance he does. Manny said on espn.com that he's staying in Boston, so if he's telling the truth, that rules out one Tejada destination.

I wouldnt' say Manny staying totally rules it out, the Red Sox still need a short stop, would like to dump Clement, and have both cash and prospects that could help make things happen. It's not likely, but it's still possible.

Didn't KW go after Clement last year before he signed with Boston thus changing our focus to El Duque? If that's the case, maybe KW goes and gets Clement (thinking Coop can fix him too) for a smaller package and then trades Contreras for pitching prospects and bullpen help. Thus keeping 6 starters and bolstering the bullpen.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Didn't KW go after Clement last year before he signed with Boston thus changing our focus to El Duque?  If that's the case, maybe KW goes and gets Clement (thinking Coop can fix him too) for a smaller package and then trades Contreras for pitching prospects and bullpen help.  Thus keeping 6 starters and bolstering the bullpen.

Green?

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Im guessing no tejada trade, is there any chance we resign contreras for a longer term contract (2 or 3 more years)?  Id still rather have Jose than Tejada if they both have more years on their contract, but Id take Tejada with years over Contreras with only one year

With Brandon ready to go? I just can't see that happening.