You know what I hate?

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Actually, at least based on the info of the APA, I'm not sure that's true...there is some data saying that many homosexual couples are just as fit to be parents as hetersoexual couples, and that their children are just as fit emotionally as children of heterosexual couples.

As far as I am concerned, the sex of the parents has no bearing on raising a "well adjusted" child. The way they treat the child goes alot farther.

Of course the data may be biased however, because you have to know there is no possibility of gay parents having a child by "accident." Most gay parents have to adopt children and they go through an extensive pre-screening process in which the couple is either determined to be fit for a child or not. If this same process was performed with heterosexual parents, im sure the data would be different. Some hetero parents that have children have no interested in having the child whilst gay parents usually seek out and go through a process which shows how much they really want to care for another.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
Science proves the existence of genetic mutations that may enhance individual tendencies toward homosexual behavior, but no explaination is giving on WHY those mutations happen. So it can be choice OR genes.

If it was known what led to the mutation then you'd enter the tricky realm of people preventing, or rather modifying, the particular gene. Imagine testing a fetus early in development for the supposed "mutation--" parents crying in a doctors office when the news arrives their child has tested positive. I don't believe that's very ethical or probable at this stage in medicine. Cure a few diseases like, I don't know, cancer or heart disease before tackling these.

For the debate--there's no question genetics play a role. As does our environment, although to a lesser extent. If you're not exposed to alcohol your entire life, but after injesting, develop a addiction--you may have a genetic deposition. Obviously, alcohol dependancy isn't exactly a trait developed through millions of years of evolution by our hominid ancesotrs. Possessing a gay gene is obviously different, but what I'm suggesting is you may have the gene yet not develop it's effects unless certain environmental influences are met.

If a gay gene were simply genetic, or simply environmental, it would be nonexistent. Obviously, since gays can't mate, you'd expect the gene to die off if it were the case. On the other hand, if it were purely environmental, certain cultures wouldn't be effected. I'm sure homosexual behavior exists everywhere in the world. Personally, I believe ALL of us have a recessive gay gene within us which, when combined with our mates, may expose itself when certain nurture events take place.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 07:59 AM)
That doesn't solve anything; you're paying for 8 and only getting what, 7 1/2 tops?!

As a side, has anyone else noticed that a cheeseburger costs 99 cents at McDonalds but a double costs a dollar?  The logic of this operation is far beyond my comprehension.

:lolhitting

I :wub: You