Tejada News Part 3

nitetrain8601

White Sox Miguel Tejada Update

Alright, I've got the goods on the current state of the White Sox's attempt to acquire Miguel Tejada.

Remember the unknown prospect I referred to in the Orioles' proposal?  Turns out the pitching prospect the Orioles wanted was either Lance Broadway or Brandon McCarthy.  Neither player was on the list agreed upon earlier, and the Sox scoffed at the idea of including Broadway or McCarthy.

Despite reports in both the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times today, the deal is very much alive at this point.  Unfortunately, my source is more involved with the financial approval aspect of the deal (hence the statement that the Sox will take the payroll up to $105MM if necessary).  He's been cut off from personnel discussions, so this is probably the end of the line as far as the info goes.

So we get no more info :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Although I guess they could just make Broadway a PTBNL, like they did with Gio.

At this point they would have to wait until basically the very last day of six month time period for that to work.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Although I believe Broadway has passed this deadline by now but I will ask anyway. What is the minimum amount of time you have to wait before being able to trade your draft pick?

Exactly.

Would you people please stop going to that horses*** site?

Has Barry Larkin signed with the Cubs yet?

Have the Sox traded Buehrle to the Cards because we can't afford him?

:rolly

Edited by santo=dorf

The Sox would be in trouble for violating the CBA and this idiot would be correct for the first time.

I believe there is a one year rule for trading drafted playes but I can't seem to find it in the CBA or in writing anywhere.

Anyone?

Unfortunately, my source is more involved with the financial approval aspect of the deal (hence the statement that the Sox will take the payroll up to $105MM if necessary).

I swear that new poster Andytheclown wrote this statement almost verbatim a few weeks ago.

Well, first of all, even if it was true, asking for the count, uribe and either BMAC or Broadway is downright insane, and KW would hang up on the O's. People need to realize that BMAC isnt going anywhere, and since we traded haig and Gio Broadway is pretty much untouchable. We DO need at least one pitching prospect worth a damn.