Tejada News Part 3

nitetrain8601

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:27 AM)
I swear that new poster Andytheclown wrote this statement almost verbatim a few weeks ago.

yeah he did post that exact same thing...but so what?

which is more plausible? that some guy who runs mlbtraderumors happens to read every single rumor on soxtalk and randomly took a rumor from a guy with 11 total posts and published it on his website?

OR

He is andy the clown and his source is legit, or they both heard the same things from a solid source.

I dont understand why everyone wants to discount this mlbtrade rumors guy just because andy the clown had a similar rumor a few days ago

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)

which is more plausible? that some guy who runs mlbtraderumors happens to read every single rumor on soxtalk and randomly took a rumor from a guy with 11 total posts and published it on his website?

OR

He is andy the clown and his source is legit, or they both heard the same things from a solid source.

I dont understand why everyone wants to discount this mlbtrade rumors guy just because andy the clown had a similar rumor a few days ago

Bingo.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)

OR

You basically proved why the source is s***ty right there.

No rumor should be taken as fact, unless the real Andy the Clown says it. And then it would be fact and not rumor. And then we wouldn't be posting rumors but facts. And then I don't know what happens.

Edited by tonyho7476

Late last night I talked to Dave Kaplan, co-host of WGN's Sports Central.  Dave gave me a different take on the Miguel Tejada situation than what my source told me.

He said his sources indicate the White Sox are out of the Tejada sweepstakes and that the Red Sox are also backing away now that Manny said he'll stay.  According to Kaplan, the Cubs are "trying hard."  He also mentioned that there's "still a long way to go to get a deal done, but if the Cubs will include Felix Pie they could get it done."

This is the new update. I guess his source was wrong, go figure.

WILL THE REAL ANDY THE CLOWN PLEASE STAND UP!

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)

Yeah, I want to discount a guy who uses messageboard material as sources for his MLB trade rumors. Sorry, I like my sources to be a little more "in the know" than someone who cruises around team websites deciding which rumors are plausible or not, and posting them as if they heard it from the horses mouth.

Late last night I talked to Dave Kaplan, co-host of WGN's Sports Central.  Dave gave me a different take on the Miguel Tejada situation than what my source told me.

He said his sources indicate the White Sox are out of the Tejada sweepstakes and that the Red Sox are also backing away now that Manny said he'll stay.  According to Kaplan, the Cubs are "trying hard."  He also mentioned that there's "still a long way to go to get a deal done, but if the Cubs will include Felix Pie they could get it done."

Lets break this down.

Translates to: I called into WGN radio and tossed out my Tejada to the sox idea like every other goofy fan that calls into the radio. Now Kaplan said the sox arent interested. My source is andytheclown of 11 posts on soxtalk. He said his dad is one of the owners so it must be legit. Maybe his dad was mad at him or something and gave him bad info.

According to Kaplan, the Cubs are "trying hard."  He also mentioned that there's "still a long way to go to get a deal done, but if the Cubs will include Felix Pie they could get it done."

Kaplan thinks that his Cubs crappy propsect is gold because of course he works for WGN. Baltimore wants all crappy cubs prospects. And outfield of Pie and Patterson will bring respectiblility to the Orioles. LOL I will comb more webboards, maybe Andytheclown1 is going to post a response. I need to get my details quick. I went on NSBB and there was a slew of great material for trades. That Felix Pie is the next Barry Bonds.

BTW on MLBtraderumors.com they have a post a rumor. I want to make up a rumor to send him, my source is my fathers barbers sisters boyfriend who worked as a security guard at the cell, who once tackled a drunk who knew Willie Harris(you know a great source) that the Sox are trading Borchard and Broadway, and Uribe for Tejada.

I guess my take on this is, if folks here doubt his credibility (which is entirely your right), that is fine.

I'm sure he has thick enough skin.

Rock, it will be interesting to see if he posts your 3 team rumor. I'm betting he won't, but let us know. How much time are you giving him to post it?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
Lets break this down.

Translates to:  I called into WGN radio and tossed out my Tejada to the sox idea like every other goofy fan that calls into the radio.  Now Kaplan said the sox arent interested. My source is andytheclown of 11 posts on soxtalk.  He said his dad is one of the owners so it must be legit.  Maybe his dad was mad at him or something and gave him bad info. 

Kaplan thinks that his Cubs crappy propsect is gold because of course he works for WGN.  Baltimore wants all crappy cubs prospects.  And outfield of Pie and Patterson will bring respectiblility to the Orioles.  LOL I will comb more webboards, maybe Andytheclown1 is going to post a response.  I need to get my details quick.  I went on NSBB and there was a slew of great material for trades.  That Felix Pie is the next Barry Bonds. 

BTW on MLBtraderumors.com they have a post a rumor.  I want to make up a rumor to send him,  my source is my fathers barbers sisters boyfriend who worked as a security guard at the cell, who once tackled a drunk who knew Willie Harris(you know a great source) that the Sox are trading Borchard and Broadway, and Uribe for Tejada.

LOL, great translation SSI71

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
Alright, I sent a three team trade rumor, lets see what happens.

I sent in a rumor that I heard from a guy who has a friend that once met Peter Gammons in the airport.

Here is the rumor:

Sox get Tejada, Ray, Madson + cash to offset Tejada's contract

Phils get Contreras + 2 Sox prospects

O's get Abreu + Uribe + possible Sox prospect + cash to offset Abreu's contract

The prospects were a high pitching prospect, Gload, and possibly one other mid level prospect.

Edited by RME JICO

If you guys dont want to listen to his rumors thats fine..... but why waste a whole thread trying to discredit him.... you dont think he is a good source but that doesnt mean others feel the same way..... Here is a thought if you dont consider it a legitimate source than dont respond in the thread...

If you guys dont want to listen to his rumors thats fine..... but why waste a whole thread trying to discredit him.... you dont think he is a good source but that doesnt mean others feel the same way..... Here is a thought if you dont consider it a legitimate source than dont respond in the thread...

Because this is SoxTalk.

It is easier for the posting community to take pot shots at people vs. building relationships and finding out legit information for themselves.

Rock, you are a nice guy but they haven't posted your three team charade. I wonder why he didn't? I think he smells BS better than anyone here. :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Because this is SoxTalk.

It is easier for the posting community to take pot shots at people vs. building relationships and finding out legit information for themselves.

Rock, you are a nice guy but they haven't posted your three team charade.  I wonder why he didn't?  I think he smells BS better than anyone here.   :bang

Or that he reads this board, and saw it was going to be done. If he didn't say he was going to do it, and there was an 18 page thread on it, it would eventually show up there.

Edited by Dick Allen