Robertson: Sharon Stroke God's Retribution

Texsox

US evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for "dividing God's land" of Israel, igniting his latest trademark controversy.

As the Israeli prime minister battled for life, Robertson seemed to suggest to viewers on his "700 Club" television show that Sharon was being punished for his policies in Gaza and the West Bank.

Linked

PLUS

TEHRAN, Iran -

Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister

Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that

Israel be "wiped off the map."

Nice to see a former GOP Presidential candidate and Iran's President are united.

Wow, this makes me so sad for humanity.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
There's a nice warm place waiting for asscracks like this.

As I was reading both those articles, I realized I can't relate to such stupidity and hate. Especially the hate. I remember having some respect a long time ago for Robertson, at this point, he's one of the bigger idiots around.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
As I was reading both those articles, I realized I can't relate to such stupidity and hate. Especially the hate. I remember having some respect a long time ago for Robertson, at this point, he's one of the bigger idiots around.

You are right. As a teenager catching a bit of him on the 700 Club flipping through channels, he never seemed quite this unhinged to me either. I think it was the hair.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Yes, a stroke for a 5-9 man who weighed nearly 300 pounds and was something like 77 years old.

Didn't see that one coming.

Going to hell but LMAO all the way . . . :ph34r:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Going to hell but LMAO all the way . . . :ph34r:

He's going to say it was God's hand as well when Michael Moore either has a heart attack at 53 or chokes on a cheeseburger....cause either one certainly can't be expected.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Well I guess Pat Robertson doesn't buy into John Calvin OR the New Testament, huh?  Damn would I like to be there for his judgement...

Well, I think at least we know where he'll be for the after party.

Gonna be a HOT ONE I bet.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
You are right.  As a teenager catching a bit of him on the 700 Club flipping through channels, he never seemed quite this unhinged to me either.  I think it was the hair.

He became unhinged when he became irrelevant.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
I hope that you're not implying that Sharon is going to Hell!

If so, contact me privately...I don't want to get banned like my brother.

:chair

I think he's saying he's going to hell for laughing about what I said.

Jon Stewart said the same thing as I did....

[paraphrase] "Hand of God? Unless God was forcefeeding Sharon knishes, I'm gonna say it was a combination of fat, age and stress.[/end]

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
I hope that you're not implying that Sharon is going to Hell!

If so, contact me privately...I don't want to get banned like my brother.

:chair

I was suggesting I was going to hell for laughing at the "who could have seen that coming" comment. Definately not suggesting Sharon was going to hell. Sorry if anyone thought that.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
Definately not suggesting Sharon was going to hell. Sorry if anyone thought that.

[OK, here's where I fling s*** like the higher primate that I am]

There are some folks who were at Sabra and Shatila that are probably thinking that.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
[OK, here's where I fling s*** like the higher primate that I am]

There are some folks who were at Sabra and Shatila that are probably thinking that.

There isn't a major world leader that someone doesn't think should go to hell. I am certain a few Iraqi's wish that of Bush, The Pope has a ton of people, we have a few people here that would like to see death for all Palistinians, etc.