Recruiting Thread

That is just absolutely awful, Mayo didn't hang on the rim AT ALL, and he barely touched the ref. That was definitely Duke defense/NFL kicker/Vlade Divac (or insert your own comparison)level diving by the official. That is just flat out awful.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where am I "making s*** up."

If you would like me to link back to where a Soxtalk member posted a link that said "brewster was staying at Illinios" as definitive evidence that it was going to happen, I will.

Otherwise your dramatics arent needed here. It was pretty apparent this would happen, and I wasted a good night having to argue about it.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Where am I "making s*** up."

If you would like me to link back to where a Soxtalk member posted a link that said "brewster was staying at Illinios" as definitive evidence that it was going to happen, I will.

Otherwise your dramatics arent needed here. It was pretty apparent this would happen, and I wasted a good night having to argue about it.

You know what please do, then call out that poster. Or i'm going to start linking every stupid Wisky comment i ever see on the internet to you.

You had a fair opportunity to post prior to this in disagreement with others opposition.

If you feel that you are being unfairly painted, perhaps you should have spoke up then.

Otherwise I dont see what the beef is. Over 90% of the posts I have seen from Illini fans on Brewster was that there was 0% chance he would switch to Minnesota. If you disagreed with that there was plenty of time to let it be known.

As it was I was one of the few that said regardless of the reports in the end my guess is that he would switch.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
Otherwise I dont see what the beef is. Over 90% of the posts I have seen from Illini fans on Brewster was that there was 0% chance he would switch to Minnesota.

Here is my exact quote...

But I am in no way saying there is no way he would leave Illinois, I never implied it either.

I was simply starting his reasons for staying as the reasons for going to Minnesota are quite obvious.

But to be quite honest this is the last f***ing thing I want to think about right now.

Edited by WHarris1

Have I said you?

Thou doth protest too much.

Um cheese head?

That would mean I was born in Wisconsin and a Packer fan.

I was born in Illinois, live in Chicago, and only went to Wisconsin because they had a better football team. ;)

Edited by Soxbadger

It was pretty clear that Brewster was going to decommit to Illinois when Tim Brewster answered a question about it by saying, "Well, he's here now... isn't he?"

And I, as a Gopher fan, am pretty damn happy about it :) (especially with his other son coming out next year as a top safety in the nation IIRC)

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
Have I said you?

Thou doth protest too much.

Um cheese head?

That would mean I was born in Wisconsin and a Packer fan.

I was born in Illinois, live in Chicago, and only went to Wisconsin because they had a better football team. ;)

haha sorry

I guess I dont understand why all the Illini fans seem to think they are being unfairly painted?

Not one of you took my side.

If you dont have the time to stay involved in the thread, dont complain, b****, and moan if your team is not being represented the way that you feel. Illini fans had plenty of time to come in here and say:

"You know what I think you are right Soxbadger."

But none of you said that, so presumably you were:

A) Not reading the thread not involved.

B) Reading the thread and in agreement with what was posted by your fellow Illinois fans.

Either way I dont see why what I posted was so aggregious. It merely was a question of how could Brewster decommitt when I was told so thoroughly by Illinois fans I was wrong?

And I dont keep track of who are Illinois fans, so I didnt even know if Harris was an Illinois fan, went to Illinois, or was just wast trying to argue for no reason about Brewster.

In the end so far no one has provided any exculpatory evidence where Illini fans were not counting Brewster as some one who would not decommit. You can look in this thread, you can go to Scout/Rivals, you can go anywhere under the sun. Almost down the line, at the time Brewster was hired, they were saying no way Clint leaves. That Illinois was his dream school and that he would never decomitt.

Etc Etc.

So if you have a problem with what your fellow Illini are saying on this board, speak up. Otherwise it looks like silent agreement. If a Wisconsin fan was posting something I disagreed with, I would not silently sit here.

But then again this looks like some one called in the cavalry.

;)

So if you have a problem with what your fellow Illini are saying on this board, speak up. Otherwise it looks like silent agreement.

ok, let me get this straight. if i'm going to be considered an illini fan on this board i must follow all illinois-related threads/topics and register my opinion on every matter of illinois importance. if i fail to respond to a certain topic, it will be generally accepted that my unstated opinion will fall in line with the prevailing wisdom of "illinois fans."

seems like too much work to me. i'll just stand by my own opinions.