Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid will be fun too...He is the next kirk hinrich, looks, acts, shoots, talks just like him. Kind of scary

Turns out Tyrel Reed at 80 percent is better than most of the state at 100 percent.

Still slowed by an ankle injury that kept him out five games, Reed scorched Jayhawk-Linn Tuesday night, scoring 37 points in Burlington’s 89-53 victory.

“He’s starting to get better,” Burlington coach Stacy Reed said. “He’s still not at 100 percent, but he’s slowly getting there. It’s a long process, but tonight, he shot lights out.”

Even that might be an understatement.

The 6-foot-3 senior, who is committed to play for Kansas next season, made 14 of 17 shots from the field. That included a 7-for-9 performance from three-point range.

Burlington (20-1) grabbed a 74-33 lead before freely substituting in the fourth quarter.

“We got to play everybody, and it’s nice to do that at the end of the season on your home floor,” Stacy Reed said.

Nick Garrett added 20 points for the Wildcats, while Luke Barnwell contributed 14.

BHS will play against Osage City or Wellsville on Friday at Central Heights.

BURLINGTON BOYS 89 JAYHAWK-LINN 53

JL 12 7 14 20 — 53

Burlington 29 21 24 15 — 89

a few items of note regarding illinois recruiting.

-first, here's a youtube of nbc's report on 2010 (yup, 2010) illinois commit jereme richmond:

richmond is rumored to be transferring to loyola academy to play with marcus jordan. he averaged 30 points and double digit rebounds this year, albeit while playing crummy competition.

-2007 commit mike tisdale (a 7-1 center) finished his season with 41 points in a class a playoff loss to meridian the other night. either tisdale or fellow 07 commit bill cole will probably redshirt. either way, weber has said he expects to play a 2-3 zone next year because the team will be pretty big.

-2007 commit demetri mccamey will play in the roundball classic this year on the east team along with players like evan turner (his high school teammate), kevin love, herb pope, james harden, and mac koshwal. oj mayo and cole aldrich headline the other team.

-weber plans to visit los angeles two more times to see 2007 commit quinton watkins. apparently there are rumblings that arizona is stepping up interest in watkins in preparation for losing some current players to the draft.

-weber was in chicago twice this week scouting first deandre liggins of washington and then michael dunigan of farragut. both are longshots.

-2008 recruit lewis jackson has put illinois in his top-five with indiana in the lead. jackson's early leader iowa has been eliminated from his list.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
The 2007 class turned out to be a lot better than I thought

i agree, but this will be overlooked.

hell, even the nbc report i linked above felt the need to mention the gordon situation, which was entirely unnecessary. eric gordon is going to indiana. his dealing with illinois are largely irrelevant as the relate to the 2007 class and some future recruits.

but yeah, i'm comfortable with this group and could be even more if we add another nice player. baines and freeman top my list, but those are the only two guys i'm really familiar with. there could be others i'm not aware of.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
i agree, but this will be overlooked.

hell, even the nbc report i linked above felt the need to mention the gordon situation, which was entirely unnecessary. eric gordon is going to indiana. his dealing with illinois are largely irrelevant as the relate to the 2007 class and some future recruits.

but yeah, i'm comfortable with this group and could be even more if we add another nice player. baines and freeman top my list, but those are the only two guys i'm really familiar with. there could be others i'm not aware of.

We want a wing with the 5th scholly, especially with the Jamar thing. Freeman could play the 2 and 3, but he won't qualify. My guess is we'll get Baines, he's been offered, he like us, and he can play the 3. He'd be a decent pickup, I just hope we see guys like Suggs, Liggins, Jones, and Humphrey as top priorities. We need guards, and those guys are talented and big enough to play anywhere 1-3 in this offense. Plus, the 2008 bigs aren't any good in terms of who we're going after anyways (the only really high rated guy is Dunigan, and I don't like him), and we have plenty of bigs as it is.

ISU gets a commit for next year (despite having no open schollies) from TX PG *** Marcus Brister. It was also said that ISU offered his teammate, KC Ross-Miller, who is ranked as the #4 freshman in the country by HoopScoop.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Man all but 2 guys that Illinois is going after fell off the 150 map for 2008. People are going to deny they've even talked to Illinois at this rate, being recruited by Bruce is the complete opposite as Coach K in terms of what it does to your ranking.

get used to it, high school and aau coaches dont appear to like squeaky.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
JD=DB

Sorry. I just couldn't keep it in anymore.

sorry the truth hurts my friend, illinois is going in a total direction than they should be. I mean next year's class is just as much crap as this year. wooooohoooo a bunch of fringe top 150 players.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
sorry the truth hurts my friend, illinois is going in a total direction than they should be. I mean next year's class is just as much crap as this year. wooooohoooo a bunch of fringe top 150 players.

It has nothing to do with Illinois.

Illinois sucks. The Illinois program isn't going to do anything of note for quite some time.

My point remains.

EDIT: ...but, good luck with Bucknell. You know how those fantastic mid-major teams, chock full of mid-major talent can sneak up on some great college basketball programs in the tournament.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
It has nothing to do with Illinois.

Illinois sucks. The Illinois program isn't going to do anything of note for quite some time.

My point remains.

EDIT: ...but, good luck with Bucknell. You know how those fantastic mid-major teams, chock full of mid-major talent can sneak up on some great college basketball programs in the tournament.

your bitter, im not worried the least.

Apparently, the deal is that Iowa transfer Alex Thompson would go on schollie next year unless McDermott deemed it necessary that we bring in another player. He did, and now he'll be taking Thompson's scholarship for at least next year.

But yeah, Dodie is a fun name. We have Carlos Boozer's little brother coming in next year, plus guys named Diante and Lucca. Fun names.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Apparently, the deal is that Iowa transfer Alex Thompson would go on schollie next year unless McDermott deemed it necessary that we bring in another player. He did, and now he'll be taking Thompson's scholarship for at least next year.

But yeah, Dodie is a fun name. We have Carlos Boozer's little brother coming in next year, plus guys named Diante and Lucca. Fun names.

Boozer's little brother, oh now i see your class.

Brackins looks like decent.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 11:09 AM)
Boozer's little brother, oh now i see your class.

Brackins looks like decent.

I'm the most excited about Garrett. I'm a little worried that Brackins knees may be bad, and that he's not yet physical enough to bang down low, but we'll see.