The President will be across the street today...

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
If you see him tell him Steve says keep up the "good" work. Just don't use any multisyllabic words...he won't understand them!

Oh, f***ing hilarious! And very original.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:14 AM)
That's weird, why did the CIA just call and ask me for everyones IP adresses??? :bang

Oh Crap.

Why do I get the feeling I should start all my emails and phone calls with the phrase "F*ck the NSA"?

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
The motorcade just drove by.

I went down and saw it, it was pretty wild. Probably about 8 motorcycles, 6 police cars, and half a dozen SUVs that sandwiched in the limo. They had everything closed down bigger than life, you couldn't even cross the street to or from the CBOT, or walk anywhere East down Van Buren. I did get to see the limo from about 20ish feet away or so, but they drove directly into one of the garages to let him out of protected from everyone else.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I went down and saw it, it was pretty wild.  Probably about 8 motorcycles, 6 police cars, and half a dozen SUVs that sandwiched in the limo.  They had everything closed down bigger than life, you couldn't even cross the street to or from the CBOT, or walk anywhere East down Van Buren.  I did get to see the limo from about 20ish feet away or so, but they drove directly into one of the garages to let him out of protected from everyone else.

I was right in the middle of it. I had to go to the back of my building just to get inside. Last time I saw streets block off downtime it was for something I was excited about (The Rally). Now for someone who probably who doesn't even know what happens at the CBOT.

A cute antecdote from the visit...

At the Board of Trade, Bush waded into a space fenced off between corn futures and corn options pits--an environment more like a mosh pit. Traders in colored jackets were yelling and hooting to get Bush's attention.

"A guy yelled out in the corn pit, `Hook 'em, Horns,"' Bush told the luncheon crowd. "So I hooked 'em, and now I own a lot of corn."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I went down and saw it, it was pretty wild.  Probably about 8 motorcycles, 6 police cars, and half a dozen SUVs that sandwiched in the limo.  They had everything closed down bigger than life, you couldn't even cross the street to or from the CBOT, or walk anywhere East down Van Buren.  I did get to see the limo from about 20ish feet away or so, but they drove directly into one of the garages to let him out of protected from everyone else.

if this was when the motorcade pulled out I was standing right next to you... and what do you suppose was inside that large black truck that was parked on Lasalle, facing north, that fell in behind the SUV with the antenna's???

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
if this was when the motorcade pulled out I was standing right next to you... and what do you suppose was inside that large black truck that was parked on Lasalle, facing north, that fell in behind the SUV with the antenna's???

You're asking too many questions...

SECURITY!!! WE HAVE A BREACH!!!

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)

I was down there around 11am or so when they pulled in, but I saw that same truck that you saw. The communications on that thing have to be insane. The anntanae were huge and thick. That had to be somekind of satillite equiptment, to go along with some well armed Secret Service guys.

Some musicians, athletes, actors, etc think they have an entourage, they don't have s***. They need to see how the Pres rolls.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
I was down there around 11am or so when they pulled in, but I saw that same truck that you saw.  The communications on that thing have to be insane.  The anntanae were huge and thick.  That had to be somekind of satillite equiptment, to go  along with some well armed Secret Service guys.

Some musicians, athletes, actors, etc think they have an entourage, they don't have s***.  They need to see how the Pres rolls.

I saw him pull away... pretty impressive operation...