You're HIRED!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Supposedly will be announced today, Childress to Minnesota

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...r.ap/index.html

Was he that highly sought after that the move had to be made so fast? I know that most teams would like to get a coach in so they can pick up the rest of their coaching staff, but I didn't know Childress was such a hot commodity.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
Was he that highly sought after that the move had to be made so fast? I know that most teams would like to get a coach in so they can pick up the rest of their coaching staff, but I didn't know Childress was such a hot commodity.

He's been a hot commodity for years now.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
He's been a hot commodity for years now.

Wierd, I never knew. Especially how everyone criticizes the offense for throwing the ball so much. Plus the fact that Reid is considered the offensive guru and play caller. Why would he be so highly sought after?

I know that Jim Johnson, the Eagles D Coordinator, has been highly thought of around the league. I just never knew the same was said about Childress.

Dan Patrick was reporting this and made fun of Childress because he said "I coached in 4 consecutive NFC championships and a superbowl last year. I watched the Rose Bowl last night, and I coached in 3 of them".

Dan said it was bizarre that he said he watched the Rose bowl, as if that's a qualification. It's not a qualification, Dan, it's a segway to say "been there, done that".

DP is such a moron. FlasoxxJim, add him to the list of morons.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Dan Patrick was reporting this and made fun of Childress because he said "I coached in 4 consecutive NFC championships and a superbowl last year. I watched the Rose Bowl last night, and I coached in 3 of them".

Dan said it was bizarre that he said he watched the Rose bowl, as if that's a qualification. It's not a qualification, Dan, it's a segway to say "been there, done that".

DP is such a moron.  FlasoxxJim, add him to the list of morons.

I heard that. Dan was taking half of a sentence and making it into a statement. I thought it was really stupid too. It wasnt like Childress said "I watched the Rose Bowl, therefore I think i am qualified to coach the Vikings." which is what DP made it out to be. Must be a slow day for the showkiller, so they are making something out of nothing.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
. Especially how everyone criticizes the offense for throwing the ball so much. Plus the fact that Reid is considered the offensive guru and play caller. Why would he be so highly sought after?

the office talk was obvious Vikings

and I brought this up. I said I dont really like the Eagles but their play calling sometimes is just bizzare, and if Childress was making the calls, I really dont want him here. Because the Tice regime has been liek that, and the last years of Denny Green.

But I guess I didnt know that Reid did the calls

I think's it's a good hire for the Vikings. Childress basically could have had the Green Bay job if he wanted, they were very high on him. But the Vikings brass just must have done an excellent job selling Minny to him.

Should be interesting to see how this affects Daunte Culpepper, with that big bonus coming up and everything. He's likely to stick around though.

I think Sean Payton is going to end up with the Packers now. He's pretty well regarded around the league (could have had the Raiders job 2 years ago if he watned), and they want a young bright offensive coach who knows the West Coast system a bit. Payton fits that mold perfectly.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
I think's it's a good hire for the Vikings. Childress basically could have had the Green Bay job if he wanted, they were very high on him. But the Vikings brass just must have done an excellent job selling Minny to him.

Should be interesting to see how this affects Daunte Culpepper, with that big bonus coming up and everything. He's likely to stick around though.

ESPNews was talking to a Vikings beat reporter today after the press conference, and he mentioned that the Eagles rated Culpepper as the second best QB on the board below McNabb. Childress seeemed pretty excited to work with him. Childress had a pretty good Culpepper model with McNabb, I think these two will work out fine together.