The Nancy problem

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Dems chafe under Pelosi leadership.

http://sun-times.com/output/novak/cst-edt-novak05.html

It's interesting, this article talks about many of the things we've discussed here regarding Dem leadership. How the Dems seem to have a big gaping whole to drive through with Bush beaten down and his party fractured, but they just don't seem to have the leadership to punch through.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
It's interesting, this article talks about many of the things we've discussed here regarding Dem leadership.  How the Dems seem to have a big gaping whole to drive through with Bush beaten down and his party fractured, but they just don't seem to have the leadership to punch through.

I think that they do have the leadership, but they're putting the wrong people in the leadership positions.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
I think that they do have the leadership, but they're putting the wrong people in the leadership positions.

Good point, that was also stated in the article. You are correct, that's more accurate.

I do also think that the state and local stuff that Dean and company are doing will pay a lot of dividends with getting new blood in for the Dems, in the long term. But not this year so much.

Has anyone else wondered at all where exactly Novak's sources on these came from? Why exactly would people leak things like this to, say, Bob Novak? Or maybe, for example, there's a Democrat or two in the House who want to move up in the leadership, and anything they can do to weaken Pelosi helps that?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
It's interesting, this article talks about many of the things we've discussed here regarding Dem leadership.  How the Dems seem to have a big gaping whole to drive through with Bush beaten down and his party fractured, but they just don't seem to have the leadership to punch through.

That is because democrat and leadership are oxymorons.