N.O. Lower 9th Ward

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
And I am questioned for calling some people on this board as racist.  Unreal.

So since you're Polish I guess you don't spend your money on deodorant.

No dude. Deodorant costs money and us cheap polaks cant be having that. I also eat onion sandwiches for all 3 meals so I can save up enough to buy myself a house for cash.

:rolly

Of course that was bulls*** but a stupid question begets a stupid answer. I bust my ass on the job and buy everything I actually need and some of what I want, all the while taking care to set aside a good portion of my money so that when Im old and decrepit I can travel around and actually afford to do nothing instead of sucking on the governments tit for the rest of my life.

People would do well to follow suit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)

Yea, you are. Because it's f***ing ignorant.

Have you ever heard the parable, give the man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime? These people want fed for a day, and that's my problem with them. White, black, purple, yellow, glow-in-the-dark, it doesn't matter. For you to insinutate I'm (or people like me are) racist is absolutely f***ing ignorant.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Yea, you are.  Because it's f***ing ignorant.

Have you ever heard the parable, give the man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime?  These people want fed for a day, and that's my problem with them.  White, black, purple, yellow, glow-in-the-dark, it doesn't matter.  For you to insinutate I'm (or people like me are) racist is absolutely f***ing ignorant.

Um Hello!! Who is insinuating? NUKE just made a blatant racist comment and I pointed it out. No grey area there my friend.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Um Hello!!  Who is insinuating?  NUKE just made a blatant racist comment and I pointed it out.  No grey area there my friend.

Maybe it sounded racist to you but its grounded in fact. I was watching CNBC yesterday and on Mad Money Cramer even dressed up in a hip hop getup and said to load up the truck on these outfits selling bling bling outfits and gear. Why? Because they are reporting blowout sales and earnings and a big reason is Katrina money.

Nice try.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Um Hello!!  Who is insinuating?  NUKE just made a blatant racist comment and I pointed it out.  No grey area there my friend.

I stand corrected. But, this stuff is a hot button with me.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Maybe it sounded racist to you but its grounded in fact.  I was watching CNBC yesterday and on Mad Money Cramer even dressed up in a hip hop getup and said to load up the truck on these outfits selling bling bling outfits and gear.  Why?  Because they are reporting blowout sales and earnings and a big reason is Katrina money.

Nice try.

Nice try?? You stated that they are probably using FEMA money to buy bling and other foolishness. Now you are stating that this is a fact. Which one is it. Do you make things up as you go along?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Nice try??  You stated that they are probably using FEMA money to buy bling and other foolishness.  Now you are stating that this is a fact.  Which one is it.  Do you make things up as you go along?

I stand by the probably statement though that bit of news though was a pretty compelling argument that this bit of government cheese is being wasted.

If you think I made up the CNBC thing ask anyone else on here who watched the show yesterday.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)

The fact is that people who received these $2,000 cards ARE using them to buy things that are not needed. I have friends from college that live in Atlanta, they saw a high influx of people from NO. One of my friends who works as a store manager for Guess would see the NO people buying louis vuitton purses and other HIGH priced items. Is this what they should be spending the TAX PAYERS money on??

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
The fact is that people who received these $2,000 cards ARE using them to buy things that are not needed.  I have friends from college that live in Atlanta, they saw a high influx of people from NO.  One of my friends who works as a store manager for Guess would see the NO people buying louis vuitton purses and other HIGH priced items.  Is this what they should be spending the TAX PAYERS money on??

The prosecution rests your honor.

:notworthy

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
The fact is that people who received these $2,000 cards ARE using them to buy things that are not needed.  I have friends from college that live in Atlanta, they saw a high influx of people from NO.  One of my friends who works as a store manager for Guess would see the NO people buying louis vuitton purses and other HIGH priced items.  Is this what they should be spending the TAX PAYERS money on??

It's probably not a good idea to make blanket statements about an entire race of people. Question the individual not the race.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)

:notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
It's probably not a good idea to make blanket statements about an entire race of people.  Question the individual not the race.

Thats because we all have silver spoons in our mouths and we have to judge others as a group instead of making individual assesments. If we were of a better ilk like you liberals we wouldnt make such broad assesments.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)

Maybe its not made up

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
It's probably not a good idea to make blanket statements about an entire race of people.  Question the individual not the race.

Why dont you take a trip to San Antonio or Atlanta. I want you to ask around about what THEY think about the people from New Orleans. You will see for yourself that it is not just us "silver spoon" individuals who have this view.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Why dont you take a trip to San Antonio or Atlanta.  I want you to ask around about what THEY think about the people from New Orleans.  You will see for yourself that it is not just us "silver spoon" individuals who have this view.

I just got back from San Antonio where my daughter lives. I didn't get such a blatantly racist vibe that I am getting from this thread.

So. The people from NO are squandering the relief money they got on bulls***, they refuse to have uninhabitable homes torn down so they can rebuild and they haven't done anything to help aside from complain and hold out their hand.

My question now becomes: Why the f*** should we care about these people?!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Well I guess I stand corrected.  100% of the Katrina victims used thier money at strip clubs.

You snap because Wood makes a statement. I post an article that states that what he has seen is not something he just made up. And now you jump to a crazy conclusion.

No not everyone is misusing the funds, but people are. You keep up the extremist, its either one way or another. If you say Katrina victims are misusing funds, its because you are racist. I get it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
You snap because Wood makes a statement. I post an article that states that what he has seen is not something he just made up.  And now you jump to a crazy conclusion.

No not everyone is misusing the funds, but people are.  You keep up the extremist, its either one way or another. If you say Katrina victims are misusing funds, its because you are racist.  I get it.

Unfortunately posting on a message board doesn't convey feeling. I did not 'snap'. I am not shaking with anger. Just providing my viewpoints and opinions. I respect yours. I hope you respect mine.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Unfortunately posting on a message board doesn't convey feeling.  I did not 'snap'.  I am not shaking with anger.  Just providing my viewpoints and opinions.  I respect yours.  I hope you respect mine.

We're all friends here.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Unfortunately posting on a message board doesn't convey feeling.  I did not 'snap'.  I am not shaking with anger.  Just providing my viewpoints and opinions.  I respect yours.  I hope you respect mine.

Maybe then you should can the "I just got back from San Antonio where my daughter lives. I didn't get such a blatantly racist vibe that I am getting from this thread. " It reads a bit like you are conveying feeling from others.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Maybe then you should can the "I just got back from San Antonio where my daughter lives. I didn't get such a blatantly racist vibe that I am getting from this thread. " It reads a bit like you are conveying feeling from others.

I stand by that opinion.