Murtha 'cuts and runs'

EvilMonkey

http://www.c-span.org/search/basic.asp?Res...xt=murtha+moran

The C-span video is here, but is shows an exchange between Murtha/Moran (the Senator sponsoring Murtha's town hall forum) and a recently returned vet who took him to task with some of his statements. Murtha then chose to go on to the next question without really saying anything. I believe the exchange is at the 34:30 point in the video. Text of the exchange is :

"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

"Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

"And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high."

After that, Murtha was speechless while Moran simpy moved on to the next question

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)

The C-span video is here, but is shows an exchange between Murtha/Moran (the Senator sponsoring Murtha's town hall forum) and a recently returned vet who took him to task with some of his statements.  Murtha then chose to go on to the next question without really saying anything. I believe the exchange is at the 34:30 point in the video. Text of the exchange is :

After that, Murtha was speechless while Moran simpy moved on to the next question

Just watched clip of Seavey taking Murtha and Moran to the woodshed. The only thing Moron could say was: That was not a question, it was a statement. Next question.

And the Dems wonder why they are perceived to have no credibility. The truth hurts.

I'm sure you will see this exchange played by the MSM. But if it was a protester confronting Bush, you can bet your ass that CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC,PBS,MATTHEWS,and OLBERMAN would lead with the story. :puke :puke :puke

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
Because a protester getting the access to confront Bush is a lot rarer. Most of his "town meetings" are staged. So its rare that he would even get the chance to get talked down to.

Have you peoples seen a clip where Bush was confronted by a soldier in military outfit with a question regarding Iraq, and he just gave his goofy smile and turned his back on this soldier? Didn't even answer it!

ALL of our politicians will experience odd moments like this, and that's the exact REASON why Bush will always have his so-called "Town Meeting" STAGED! The chicken &*^%!

QUOTE(S720 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
Have you peoples seen a clip where Bush was confronted by a soldier in military outfit with a question regarding Iraq, and he just gave his goofy smile and turned his back on this soldier?  Didn't even answer it!

ALL of our politicians will experience odd moments like this, and that's the exact REASON why Bush will always have his so-called "Town Meeting" STAGED!  The chicken &*^%!

Yep. What an asshole. f***ing prick.

STAGED OUTRAGE!!!!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)

The C-span video is here, but is shows an exchange between Murtha/Moran (the Senator sponsoring Murtha's town hall forum) and a recently returned vet who took him to task with some of his statements.  Murtha then chose to go on to the next question without really saying anything. I believe the exchange is at the 34:30 point in the video. Text of the exchange is :

So this guy says some of his buddies' morale is high and that discredits anything Murtha ever said? You ever watched "Off To War" on Discovery Times? Those are real troops as well and I didn't get the impression that their morale was especially high, nor were any of them chomping at the bit to go back overseas.

Point being, until you see the results of a poll conducted in the military measuring morale (which you'd obviously never see), you're never going to know for sure.