Brewers acquire Corey Koskie from Blue Jays

SSH2005

Who was involved in the Overbay deal earlier this offseason?

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...t=.jsp&c_id=mil

The Brewers got right-handed pitcher Dave Bush, who will bolster the starting rotation, outfielder Gabe Gross, and a player to be named, believed to be left-handed pitching prospect Zach Jackson.

Hmm, how often do you see news about two guys named Corey in the same day?

But one's actually a good player and one's a bum. ;)

And I'm going with the Brewers to win the N.L. Central or Wild Card next season. They should dominate the division for years to come.

Edited by SSH2005

Wolfe's a marginal prospect at best. Good deal for the Brewers. I assume Bill Hall will be the utility man for Milwaulkee now.

And this guarantees Tony Batista as the starting 3rd baseman for the Twinkies. Even better. :D

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
At least 1 year away IMO. They will be a solid ballclub this season, no doubt, but I think St.Louis and Houston will rule the Central for AT LEAST 1 more season.

Yeah the Brewers still need to upgrade their rotation a little in my mind. Sheets, Capuano and Davis are good, but they need Ohka and Bush to not be weaknesses at the #4 and #5 spots.

Wolfe's a marginal prospect at best. Good deal for the Brewers. I assume Bill Hall will be the utility man for Milwaulkee now.

And this guarantees Tony Batista as the starting 3rd baseman for the Twinkies. Even better.  :D

The ironic thing is that Wolfe was a Twins prospect before joining the Brewers last year. And Corey Koskie >>>>> Tony Batista. :headbang

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
But one's actually a good player and one's a bum.  ;)

And I'm going with the Brewers to win the N.L. Central or Wild Card next season.  They should dominate the division for years to come.

Yeah, I'n not so sure about next year. It's definitely possible, though.

The Brewers will be this year's Indians. They will push the Cardinals but Weeks and Fielder and Hardy iwll have those ups and downs that come with their age and experience. I am of the belief that Weeks will grow to be a HOF player, I'm very high on him. They should have quite a run in Milwaukee. The real question with this trade is whether Hillenbrand goes and Glaus plays third or if they maintain their plan to DH Glaus and use Shea at third or split time

The Brewers will be this year's Indians. They will push the Cardinals but Weeks and Fielder and Hardy iwll have those ups and downs that come with their age and experience. I am of the belief that Weeks will grow to be a HOF player, I'm very high on him. They should have quite a run in Milwaukee.  The real question with this trade is whether Hillenbrand goes and Glaus plays third or if they maintain their plan to DH Glaus and use Shea at third or split time

1B Lyle Overbay

3B Troy Glaus

DH Shea Hillenbrand

Eric Hinske will play some LF against righties and also back up 1B and 3B.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
1B  Lyle Overbay

3B  Troy Glaus

DH  Shea Hillenbrand

Eric Hinske will play some LF against righties and also back up 1B and 3B.

Most likely the case but with all of Troy Glaus's injuries they might entertain the idea of starting shea at third and putting Glaus at DH.

The big question for the Brewers, IMO, is whether or not they will be able to afford to hold onto CLee after this season. I doubt they're going to be able to...especially if they dump money on anyone else this season. They need CLee to provide some power in that order while they wait on Prince to Develop.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=tor

Great to see the Twins miss out on this Sox killer.

I checked out bat-girl's blog for the first time in a while and was really surprised at her reaction to the Twins failing to acquire Koskie. I cant tell if she is more grossed out that the Twins acquired Batista or if she is heartbroken that they failed to acquire Koskie. Either way, i wouldnt think Koskie would get that much ink from her.