Any Stock Market players here

RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Just curious if there were any people here that are active in the stock market with stocks or mutual funds?  Just wanted to get some opinions and have a general discussion about some stocks.

Im involved with both. Most of my savings are parked in mutual funds but I keep a percentage in a brokerage account and trade individual stocks as well. I dont advise doing the latter unless you really do your homework and that involves watching a lot of CNBC and reading papers like WSJ and Investors Business Daily.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Im involved with both.  Most of my savings are parked in mutual funds but I keep a percentage in a brokerage account and trade individual stocks as well.  I dont advise doing the latter unless you really do your homework and that involves watching a lot of CNBC and reading papers like WSJ and Investors Business Daily.

I actually have 4 different MFs and 12 different stock holdings. I signed up for a Scottrade account last year and it has been great. I usually make a couple of trades a month and I have been doing pretty good. My portfolio got a boost by Apple and I almost bought Google for $188 but was too scared - and I have been kicking myself in the ass ever since. I just picked up a few new stocks last month that I have a feeling will take off this year.

Edited by RME JICO

You guys with mutual funds need to do some research on ETFs (exchange-traded funds) and consider building your portfolio around them instead.

About 85% of my assets are in ETFs and 15% go towards individual value stocks.

I guess I should add that I'm currently reading the Bible of Options Strategies, so I will probably be trading those very soon.

Edited by 3E8

Currently working for a Major Stockbroking Company down here at the moment. The stocks we trade down here would be different down here on the ASX compared to what you have up there though, but we still have things like Managed Funds etc.