Best Films of 2005

sox4lifeinPA

^^^

It's the perfect choice. Propaganda piece with big names.

What we need now is a movie about abortion and the woman's right to choose...

It's kinda funny that the people fighting for the right to have personal responsibility and rights, defend people who in general have zero regard for their personal responsibility.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
^^^

It's the perfect choice. Propaganda piece with big names.

What we need now is a movie about abortion and the woman's right to choose...

It's kinda funny that the people fighting for the right to have personal responsibility and rights, defend people who in general have zero regard for their personal responsibility.

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN=OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!

Have you two seen the movie? I haven't and I don't plan on it, but I don't know how you can definitively say its a piece of crap without watching it.

It doesn't interest me one bit but to say its horrible is another story, especially since I've never seen it, nor will I. I never saw Titanic either.

10. History of Violence dir. David Croenberg

9. 40 year old Virgin dir. Judd Apatow

8. Munich dir Steven Speilberg

7. Batman Begins dir. Christopher Nolan

6. Hustle and Flow dir Terrence Howard

5. Brokeback Mountain dir. Ang Lee

4. Sin City dir. Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller

3. Murderball dir. Henry Alex Rubin & Dana Adam Shapiro

2. Millions dir. Danny Boyle

1. Match Point dir. Woody Allen

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
10. History of Violence dir. David Croenberg

Are you saying that because of the great fight scenes? The fight scenes were about the only thing going for that movie. It seemed like it was thrown together in half an hour. The violence, surprisingly, was awesome, though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Have you two seen the movie?  I haven't and I don't plan on it, but I don't know how you can definitively say its a piece of crap without watching it. 

It doesn't interest me one bit but to say its horrible is another story, especially since I've never seen it, nor will I.  I never saw Titanic either.

yes i did. The acting was great and deserve Academy Award nominations. However the screenplay is awful and they try so hard to be dramatci it almost becomes laughable.

I really don't prefer watching two men hopelessly attempt to conceive.

As for the lesbian comments, male or female, you have to agree that a woman's body > a man's body in the beauty and art department. Likewise, women are more emotional and delicate than men. two women having sex is like petals from a flower; two men having sex is like a cactus. Dudes have sex because they want to screw.

let's not be shocked that there's a difference.

That being said, I don't think either is ok. I don't plan on seeing this movie because I've heard the love scenes are graphic. If they went for a more subtle approach and alluded to their sexual relationship I might have seen it. It'd be like Billy Graham preaching a sermon in the middle of Chronicles of Narnia. give me metaphors and subtlety, not in your face dude sweat action. It's a shame really.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
I hope your kidding about those movies  :bang

I've heard Four Brothers is a great movie, still haven't seen it yet. I'm pretty sure my favorite movie this year was Walk the Line, but I can't remember the whole year. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
I've heard Four Brothers is a great movie, still haven't seen it yet.  I'm pretty sure my favorite movie this year was Walk the Line, but I can't remember the whole year. :P

That is an excellent choice. The fact that it was about Johnny Cash should make it one of everyone's favorite movies of the year. The fact that it was a damn good movie should solidify that standing.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:33 AM)
That is an excellent choice.  The fact that it was about Johnny Cash should make it one of everyone's favorite movies of the year.  The fact that it was a damn good movie should solidify that standing.

It's funny cause the people I went with thought I would hate it because I'm not much of a music person. I absolutely loved it though, the music was fantastic and the movie was just awesome.

I've heard the only full-frontal nudity in Brokeback Mountain is from the female leads. I still have no plans on ever seeing it, but I say that about 95% of the Drama/Love Story movies released. It's just not something of interest to me.

Best movies I've seen this year?

Godzilla Final Wars

War Of The Worlds

Batman Begins

Land Of The Dead

Wedding Crashers

I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Batman:Begins.. Though I didn't like the fact they are going to use Joker as the next villian.

Sin City

Wedding Crashers

Be Cool

The Skelton Key

liked it but Get Shorty was much better.