Best Films of 2005

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 05:16 AM)
I hope your kidding about those movies  :bang

I was kidding about Get Rich or Die Tryin' but I was dead serious about the others. IMO, Transporter 2 was badass. Not necessarily the best, but one of my favs of 2005.

And Four Brothers was an excellent movie. Have you seen it?

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
I was kidding about Get Rich or Die Tryin' but I was dead serious about the others. IMO, Transporter 2 was badass. Not necessarily the best, but one of my favs of 2005.

And Four Brothers was an excellent movie. Have you seen it?

Four Brothers was a great movie. However Transporter 2 was awful IMHO. I liked the first one but this had no plot. It was just there to give us a bunch of "good looking" stunts. Really stupid movie IMHO.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
yes i did.  The acting was great and deserve Academy Award nominations.  However the screenplay is awful and they try so hard to be dramatci it almost becomes laughable.

i completely agree with your analysis of the movie. (still dont think its in the top 10 WORST)

but yeah i had such huge expectations for the movie but i walked out with the same reaction you had.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
i completely agree with your analysis of the movie.  (still dont think its in the top 10 WORST)

but yeah i had such huge expectations for the movie but i walked out with the same reaction you had.

What I mean by that is if I were a movie critic I would give it 2 stars however I had such high expectations and it failed on an epic level for me.

No mentions of the constant gardener, capote, proof, north country, good night and good luck ( and i hate robert downey jr... he should not be allowed to act)?

All of these will be getting mentioned for something come the oscars. Straithairn may very well give phillip seymore hoffman a run for him money,

Since I just made my worst movie selection in the other thread, I couldn't keep myself from ranking the best that I've seen this year. So here goes nothing:

7. Walk the Line

6. Munich

5. Cinderella Man

4. Syriana

3. Crash

2. Capote

1. Good Night, and Good Luck

Still waiting to see Constant Gardener, North Country, History of Violence and Brokeback Mountain. I have to admit, I've resisted seeing Brokeback because of the whole gay thing. Not that I have any problem with homosexuality whatsoever. I just have no desire to watch it in action. But since I appreciate a well done movie with great acting, I'll eventually muster up the desire see it.

Thats about it. Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single comedy this past year. But I'm confident that if I saw Duece Bigalow 2, it would surely top my list.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
No mentions of the constant gardener, capote, proof, north country, good night and good luck ( and i hate robert downey jr... he should not be allowed to act)?

All of these will be getting mentioned for something come the oscars. Straithairn may very well give phillip seymore hoffman a run for him money,

I think Hoffman is a pretty safe bet.