Howard's First Day on Sirius

tonyho7476

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
Yeah, howard had calls from Alaska, Montana, Iowa...and these people love the radio, since now they have all this programing, in the middle of nowhere.

Sirius I think got the first big crowd drawer.  XM is great too...the draw between the two is the premium programming.  Most of the music choices are pretty similar.

Hey, Iowa isn't in the middle of nowhere. haha anyways I think Stern will help Sirius a lot, but he may also have a backlash in people that will go to XM just because Stern is on Sirius. So in a way, Stern will probably help both Sirius and XM.

Finally got to listen today. Henry Hill is one solid guest. :lolhitting

BTW.. I had bought the Starmate and was using it since back in November, but I went and got the S50 - which is supposedly portable unit - eh.. it aint. It's like an iPod. You record content to it for play at a later date. Waste of $$.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Finally got to listen today. Henry Hill is one solid guest.  :lolhitting

BTW.. I had bought the Starmate and was using it since back in November, but I went and got the S50 - which is supposedly portable unit - eh.. it aint. It's like an iPod. You record content to it for play at a later date. Waste of $$.

How was that starmate? Might get it for Helen.

That S50 doesn't make sense. So you can listen to Sirius content, if its in a cradle? And its an MP3 player? I don't get it.

I bought all of them at one point or another since August and the Starmate is the best. Easiest to use, and not one problem with reception - I had some minor issues with the others.

And save yourself some $$ and continue not to get it. It's a $350 iPod. But it looks cool.

They did say a true portable receiver would be out soon though.