Worst Films of 2005

White Sox Josh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
War of the Worlds was definately dissapointed and it was the worst movie I saw of 2005. The boy goes off on a death mission and everyone is dying but he managed to live somehow along with Tom Cruise and his daughter, make it real please.

That was the way the book was written. :bang

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
The first half of the WOTW was pretty good -- atleast entertaining -- but the 2nd half was absolutely horrible -- I honestly could not believe that it was one of the highest grossing movies of '05 -- don't people talk anymore?

I liked War of the Worlds for the most part. I think it was sort of a reminder of how good a storyteller Spielberg is. I really liked Tim Robbins performance. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
King f'in Kong. 

If I wanted to see a big fat man masturbate on screen for three hours I woulda rented Ron Jeremy movies.

LOL!!! That's pretty dang funny. BUT Jackson has lost a ton of weight and is actually pretty skinny now.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)

You must not watch many movies at all.

Um, speak for your self please. I see a lot of movies. But after 20 minutes of this trash, I had to turn it off. It was a waste of time.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Star Wars Episode III

Jarhead

War of the Worlds

A Lot Like Love

Four Brothers

Fantastic 4

Kingdom of Heaven

Wow, two of those movies I enjoyed quite a bit (Star Wars and 4 Brothers). War of the Worlds was solid while Jarhead was decent.

After all the time I have spent on message boards with REAL film experts, and all the time I spent reviewing movies in magazines and for websites I have come to one conclusion:

Nobody knows crap about what makes a movie good and nobody can tell you what you should and shouldn't like. I quit reviewing movies because I finally came to the conclusion that I had no right to actually tell people what was good and what wasn't. All I could do was give a plot synopsis and an idea of what the movie was like. Personal opinion is all personal opinion. I like numerous movies being listed in this thread, and I don't like numerous movies being listed in the other thread, but my opinions are no more valid than anybody elses.

I also got sick of the snobbery and elitism that people seem to find within movies and I got tired of being scoffed at for enjoying something as simple as a movie that was meant to do nothing more than take my mind away for 90 minutes. Some movies are meant to be simple and easy to mentally digest.

I now review what I truely know, music, and I try to limit it to the style I know about, and to try and not force opinions onto people with those reviews.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
After all the time I have spent on message boards with REAL film experts, and all the time I spent reviewing movies in magazines and for websites I have come to one conclusion:

Nobody knows crap about what makes a movie good and nobody can tell you what you should and shouldn't like. I quit reviewing movies because I finally came to the conclusion that I had no right to actually tell people what was good and what wasn't. All I could do was give a plot synopsis and an idea of what the movie was like. Personal opinion is all personal opinion. I like numerous movies being listed in this thread, and I don't like numerous movies being listed in the other thread, but my opinions are no more valid than anybody elses.

I also got sick of the snobbery and elitism that people seem to find within movies and I got tired of being scoffed at for enjoying something as simple as a movie that was meant to do nothing more than take my mind away for 90 minutes. Some movies are meant to be simple and easy to mentally digest.

I now review what I truely know, music, and I try to limit it to the style I know about, and to try and not force opinions onto people with those reviews.

Excellent post :cheers

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
I liked War of the Worlds for the most part.  I think it was sort of a reminder of how good a storyteller Spielberg is.  I really liked Tim Robbins performance.

Yeah, when he tells his own stories he is a good storyteller. He butchers other peoples stories though. I still havent forgiven him for the atrocities that have followed Jurassic Park in that series. He should have renamed it "Whatever and Wherever the hell I want to do with Dinosaurs Park", and told Michael Crichton to stop writing books that make the story better.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
The Cave...it was the second movie of a drive-in double-header.  It was absolutely terrible.  It was about thrill seekers venturing into an underwater cave.  They run into some creatures and then whatever.  It was terrible.

I think they made that a show and call it "Surface" now. ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Yeah, when he tells his own stories he is a good storyteller.  He butchers other peoples stories though.  I still havent forgiven him for the atrocities that have followed Jurassic Park in that series.  He should have renamed it "Whatever and Wherever the hell I want to do with Dinosaurs Park", and told Michael Crichton to stop writing books that make the story better.

War Of the Worlds wasn't his own story. It was based on the book by HG Wells, written in 1898.