Worst Films of 2005

White Sox Josh

Here are my top 10...bottom 10, more to the point.

(director names have been removed to protect the guilty)

10. Doom

9. House of Wax

8. Alone in the Dark

7. The Perfect Man

6. Stealth

5. The Fog

4. Sound of Thunder

3. Yours, Mine & Ours

2. Elektra

1. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Broken Flowers, worst movie evarrrr, surefire cure for insomnia.

yeah that was bad. Here is my top 10 list:

1. Wolf Creek

2. Yours, Mine & Ours

3. Transporter 2

4. Brokeback Mountain

5. Memoirs of a Geisha (my mom made me see it with her for her birthday)

6. Broken Flowers

7. Son of the Mask

8. House of Wax

9. Doom

10. Alone in the Dark

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
War Of the Worlds wasn't his own story. It was based on the book by HG Wells, written in 1898.

I didnt say that WotW was his story. Come on KG, Im not that dumb. ;)

I dont think Spielberg did a good job on WotW or Jurassic Park, but he has done well with his own stories and collaborative stories he has written (Indiana Jones, ET, Close Encounters, etc), but I dont think he does that well with movies that he translates from books.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
Here are my top 10...bottom 10, more to the point.

(director names have been removed to protect the guilty)

10. Doom

9. House of Wax

8. Alone in the Dark

7. The Perfect Man

6. Stealth

5. The Fog

4. Sound of Thunder

3. Yours, Mine & Ours

2. Elektra

1. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

Uwe boll will go down in history as the worst director ever once his new batch of movies comes out. He is already one of the worst so he doesn't have far to go...

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Oh man, I watched that for the first time the other night and thought it was f***ing awesome.

I agree. Loved the connecting stories and the cinematography.

Also, how can you go wrong with this:

20050127_mel_g90_725.jpg

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Wow. I can see someone just not liking it but to think it is the worse films must have sucked very much for you. Im surprised because I really liked it.

Why was it so bad for you?

I've explained it before. I thought it was a cluttered, boring, random piece of garbage. There was zero point to the story and it was plain old awful. The people I know that liked it (not on this site cause I've given up even discussing it here cause I realize my opinion differs and thats cool; I like plenty of movies that other people hated too) simply because it had great effects. Great effects with a crappy story means nothing to me. In fact, I was hyped up thinking it was going to be great and I think my high expectations made my overall hate for it that much greater.

I'd put Transporter 2 on my list but the movie was so freaking terrible that it would make its way on my top 5 list because it was seriously the funniest movie I saw all year.

There were a few other movies I saw that I hated, but I can't think of them right now.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
it had an all star cast.  Maybe it's because i am a huge fan of the game but I thought it was well done considering it was made on a really small budget.

you seriously have "son of the mask" as better than "brokeback mountain"???

i mean i didnt particularly love brokeback, but dude, come on. the acting, if nothing else was pretty damn good. that alone should put it above most of those others you listed

Of the movies I saw, I thought Sin City was decent but grossly overrated. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was disappointing, and this is coming from a reader. Jarhead was yet another disappointment just because it had such a kickass trailer.

I understand there are people here who will never like Brokeback Mountain and that's fine, but Heath Ledger should get some serious Oscar consideration for his performance.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
it had an all star cast.  Maybe it's because i am a huge fan of the game but I thought it was well done considering it was made on a really small budget.

This man is a f***in scam artist ( boll) and is trying to make every single video game into the worst movies ever made. All star cast definitely does not always = good. His last real chance is dungeons siege which will likely flop and he will not care.

I find it amazing that he didn't get halo... he tried hard as f*** though. Looks like he will get the metal gear series though. :crying

I am going to get a LOT of crap for this, but I didnt like the new Harry Potter movie at all. The first 3 were good and pulled you in. This one, blah. It was good and very well done, but I didnt like it.

I think i didnt like it because on my honeymoon we listened to it on CD while we were driving. The movie left a LOT out and some of it was some good stuff (I love the house elves!)

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
I am going to get a LOT of crap for this, but I didnt like the new Harry Potter movie at all. The first 3 were good and pulled you in. This one, blah. It was good and very well done, but I didnt like it.

I think i didnt like it because on my honeymoon we listened to it on CD while we were driving. The movie left a LOT out and some of it was some good stuff (I love the house elves!)

I haven't read any of the books but I thought this movie was only better than the Chamber of Secrets. It was already a long ass movie, and it seemed like there was just too much material for them to cover.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Of the movies I saw, I thought Sin City was decent but grossly overrated. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was disappointing, and this is coming from a reader. Jarhead was yet another disappointment just because it had such a kickass trailer.

I understand there are people here who will never like Brokeback Mountain and that's fine, but Heath Ledger should get some serious Oscar consideration for his performance.

I agree about Heath Ledger and would also add Michelle Willaims to that. What did you expect going into Jarhead? An action movie right? Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
you seriously have "son of the mask" as better than "brokeback mountain"???

i mean i didnt particularly love brokeback, but dude, come on.  the acting, if nothing else was pretty damn good.  that alone should put it above most of those others you listed

expectations. Only reason I saw son of the mask was because it was playing on an airplane. I had low expectations going in. Brokeback Mountain was a movie that I had expectations nad I thought failed more. I was more dissapointed in Brokeback Mountain than Son of the Mask because I expected nothing from it to begin with.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
I haven't read any of the books but I thought this movie was only better than the Chamber of Secrets. It was already a long ass movie, and it seemed like there was just too much material for them to cover.

You're exactly right. I have an idea of what they SHOULD have done. THey should have done it like the Matrix did with 2 and 3. Devide the movie into 2 parts and seperate them by a few months. You now have 2 movies, twice the box office income and you dont miss anything from the book.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
expectations.  Only reason I saw son of the mask was because it was playing on an airplane.  I had low expectations going in.  Brokeback Mountain was a movie that I had expectations nad I thought failed more.  I was more dissapointed in Brokeback Mountain than Son of the Mask because I expected nothing from it to begin with.

I thought they only showed movies that were out of the theaters on planes?

I really don't know, though, since I've never been on a flight that was long enough for an in-flight movie.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
This man is a f***in scam artist ( boll) and is trying to make every single video game into the worst movies ever made. All star cast definitely does not always = good. His last real chance is dungeons siege which will likely flop and he will not care.

I find it amazing that he didn't get halo... he tried hard as f*** though. Looks like he will get the metal gear series though. :crying

Kojima isn't that stupid.....Kojima said he would give it to someone worth giving.....I don't see that series being made into a movie anyway :pray