Judge Samuel Alito's confirmation hearing

YASNY

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
It seems Teddyboy is in an exclusive men-only club himself.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localPolitics...rticleid=121646

Hmmm.  Not a member, but pays about $100.  I guess he just forgot.

Leftist hypocrasy number 435635623465234512412.

You want to trash someone about some group they were in you better have your own ducks in a row first.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Always with the little "jab"...  :headshake

Are you talking about Bill Frist making poorly choiced comments that some would argue would be made to inflame the opposition and create a possible filibuster showdown in the Senate?

I'd agree, that IS unfortunate.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
as if you wouldnt have done that

I think you have me mistaken for Nuke.

And all that had to be said by Balta was "Bill Frist's comments"... but no, it had to have some type of immflamatory comment. I guess I should expect nothing less in this stupid forum.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Cause nobody does that to any Democrats here

Kap, you honestly need to get that chip off your shoulder over this. I don't exactly see you acting all idignant anytime anyone mentions Chappaquiddick.

No, I don't, because it's the same hypocritical crap all over the place. But you also don't see me going in for the deep dive every single time against Dems, at least not in the same manner.

What are the Dems thinking by delaying a vote of the full Senate until possibly

next Tue. Do they really think this is good for them?

Once again, Who is playing politics with the Judicial Branch?

This will not work to their advantage because delaying the vote until the State of

the Union Speech will only give Bush more incentive to have Alito sitting front and

center next to the other Justice from the Supreme Court that will be in attendance

for the speech.

As of right now its 32 For 14 Against. in the full Senate.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
What are the Dems thinking by delaying a vote of the full Senate until possibly

next Tue. Do they really think this is good for them?

Once again, Who is playing politics with the Judicial Branch?

This will not work to their advantage because delaying the vote until the State of

the Union Speech will only give Bush more incentive to have Alito sitting front and

center next to the other Justice from the Supreme Court that will be in attendance

for the speech.

As of right now its 32 For  14 Against. in the full Senate.

This s*** ... playing politics with this particular aspect of our government ... is going to bite the Dems in the ass.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
This s*** ... playing politics with this particular aspect of our government ... is going to bite the Dems in the ass.

I'm sorry, but do you really expect that a couple of days of delay is really going to come back as the worst thing in history?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)

Given the importance of the decision, I see no reason why delaying a few days is such a big "play". I think its prudent, if people want more time to do research.

And the thing is, so far, the mudslinging by Dems has not bitten them in the ass at all. In fact, the numbers say its working. Not that I LIKE it, but that's the reality right now in terms of public opinion - the GOP is going down faster than the Dems.

Both sides say they are against judicial activists. But the Dems want a Justice that

defends the most activist ruling the Court may have ever issued.

The Dems are laughable. They say there is no litmus test. Then Feinstein gets her

chance to say her piece against Alito and says: "There is no way a pro choice

Senator can vote for this judge. Smells like a litmus test, no.

It is good to know that there is only one legal issue in this country.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Given the importance of the decision, I see no reason why delaying a few days is such a big "play".  I think its prudent, if people want more time to do research.

And the thing is, so far, the mudslinging by Dems has not bitten them in the ass at all.  In fact, the numbers say its working.  Not that I LIKE it, but that's the reality right now in terms of public opinion - the GOP is going down faster than the Dems.

I'm not saying a couple of days delay will bite the Dems in the ass. I'm talking about them voting along party lines as has been requested by their leadership. I'm talking about the partisan politics displayed with the Alito hearings, after the GOP gave Ginsberg a free pass. The Dems are getting down and dirty, very dirty. It'll bite them in the ass. Mark my words.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 11:57 AM)
51 FOR

29 AGAINST

Try again when Stephens is gone.

Apparently, it isn't over quite yet...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/alito/index.html

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this move. I am not a fan of Alito, but I personally wouldn't blow what I think is a one-shot nuclear deal (the 'buster) on him, if I was the Dems. There are better things to use it for.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Apparently, it isn't over quite yet...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/alito/index.html

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this move.  I am not a fan of Alito, but I personally wouldn't blow what I think is a one-shot nuclear deal (the 'buster) on him, if I was the Dems.  There are better things to use it for.

LOL!! Kerry still thinks its September of 2004. He really needs to get over himself.

His filibuster has a snowballs chance in hell with 3 dems joining all the Republicans and other undecided Dems saying that they will not support a filibuster.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Something tells me the filibuster will never happen. But it never hurts to "raise your profile." John Kerry has become a total toolbox since Jan 05 when he decided to run for President again. Stop grandstanding and be a good Senator.

John Kerry is a toolbox. :P

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
John Kerry is a toolbox.  :P

The only thing funnier than his calling for a filibuster is that he called for one from

Europe. :finger :finger Maybe next time John,Teddy,Dick,Pat.Chuck.

A for effort

F for results.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
haha, a classic John Kerry move.

Asked if the administration was taking Kerry's call for a filibuster seriously, White House press secretary Scott McClellan chuckled on Friday and said: "I think it was a historic day yesterday. It was the first ever call for a filibuster from the slopes of Davos, Switzerland."