Your thoughts/opinions on Avatars

Yoda

What do you think about avatars (the picture under your user name)? Are they a big part of your daily dose of posting? When you see one, do you attribute that certain person... as to how they are? For instance, do you judge the person if they’re a guy or a gal because of the type of image they have in their avatar?

I’m just curious. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love avatars, as long as the person using them has given some thought to what they are using. I've seen some great ones, and I've seen some that are just stupid. I don't like it when people just use the generic ones offered up by some sites. I mean, give it some thought people!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
I definitely associate avatars with some posters. For instance, every time I see or hear of Mike Caruso, it reminds of Kalapse. And any Family Guy references bring Balta to my head.

Same here :P

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
I'd like to change mine to deal something with William Tell. Like put an arrow through the apple and say my name on it or something. But I'm not gifted enough so I'm trying to find a picture with an arrow through an apple.

Ask for some help in the How Does That Work Forum and I am certain one will appear in days.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
They usually bog down my work computer... Too much crap on our network.

Well, sounds like a personal problem and you just insist on taking it out on our poor avatars that are just trying to fit in with the rest of Avatar Society.

Edited by Kid Gleason