lol internet war

DonkeyKongerko

http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2006/01/linds...ve-dos-war.html

Ebaumsworld, known sellout and thief has done it again. This time, they stole from a favorite around these parts, YTMND.com. The theft prompted a large upswell of support from sites like Something Awful and Fark.com. Along with YTMND users, these people logged on to Ebaums forums and chatrooms and posted tons of messages, effectively shutting down the site.

I used to visit Ebaum's alot for funny videos, but I realized they were always a day or so behind other sites. The only reason I've visited there in the past year was for the prank phone calls. After reading about their history with SomethingAwful and Sega, I will no longer be visiting their site.

I've kinda been reading about this lately, apparently ebaums used a bunch of stuff from SA without asking and when people from SA registered on ebaums' forums to ask they take it down the ebaums people messed with their code to use up SA's bandwidth. Sega just threatened them to take down their monkeyball game because not only did they have it on their site, but they were using Sega's bandwidth. They also just take those GI Joe movies from fensler film and stick them on their own site.

It's crazy but like you said it's made me dislike ebaums a whole lot. Good for YTMND.