Does your Church make you feel like this?

Texsox

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
And for the record, jackass--you're less than a year younger than she is.

Exactly what is your beef with me and why are you swearing at me?

Thought you were a moderator not a troublemaker.

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
Eliminating religion will eliminate war.

Not quite, but it would eliminate a few. Off the top of my head the Civil War would have happened, Hitler would have been after anyone not blond hair, blue eyed, The Mexican American War would have been fought, of course we have oil to fight over. As long as we have ownership of things, we will have wars. Land, oil, gold, etc.

It is too bad that you've been brainwashed by the Cult of those who have no hope for eternal life. I guess if I was condemned to eternity away from God, I would want company.

It is so much easier to just so No to God. It is a simpler concept than believing in a higher power.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Exactly what is your beef with me and why are you swearing at me?

Hmmm, could it be your complete lack of respect for other posters? Or your insensitivity to Steff right now? Or your trolling? Or your looking for a fight earlier in the thread? Hmmmm. . .So many different options to choose from.

Look, hmmmm, who am I going to take advice on the historical bible from? You, who doesn't even know that "a lot" is two words or my PhD professor that I took a class from all about the historical Jesus.

Have you read the bible? Have you read anything written by people who specialize in historical aspects of the bible? Or do you only read stuff by atheists with an axe to grind?

I have not read the bible compleety.. Have you?

Yes, I am a huge student of history..

As far as who you would rather learn the bible from .. I quote another great man..

I never let schooling get in the way of my education.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
I posted a link which got ignored, on the truth of the bible for starters.. Alot of what I have read on the subject are in books, last time I checked I can post links to my library..

I can post names but again this would you to actually read their matterial. Which I take you would not do. For Starters Socrates, Plato,Aristotle, Spinoza, Hell even laerning the true message of Jesus. .Not found in the bible.

Umm I hate to break it to you, but none of those guys was even born when Jesus was alive.

I have seen your repeatedly referenced Socrates quote, which means nothing out of context. Heck for all I know it could have been in the context of religion being important.

Where do you get the 25% truth number? What 25% is true, what 75% is wrong?

Site your sources for all of these numbers and revealations or they are pretty pointless.

And I am still waiting for your factual basis that priests are anymore likely to be child molestors than say daycare workers or janitors.

I noticed you couldn't still go one post without the swipe, does that mean you don't know right, because I don't see insults as doing right? And if you don't know right, how can you be telling others what is wrong with what they believe is right?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Hmmm, could it be your complete lack of respect for other posters? Or your insensitivity to Steff right now? Or your trolling? Or your looking for a fight earlier in the thread? Hmmmm. . .So many different options to choose from.

Then perhaps this should be deleted under the Filibuster heading...

Warning: This forum is not for the faint of heart. Do not come in here if you're not willing to, at times, get into heated arguments.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
I have not read the bible compleety.. Have you?

Yep, and several history books about that time period and region.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Yes, I am a huge student of history..

As far as who you would rather learn the bible from .. I quote another great man..

I never let schooling get in the way of my education.

well, then cite your unbiased and historical scholarly books you've read on this topic. I promise I'll check your references.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)

Warning: This forum is not for the faint of heart. Do not come in here if you're not willing to, at times, get into heated arguments.

You're classless comment about clothes for a fetus was basis for some sort of arguement...? Give me a f***ing break.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)

Sorry, I missed the part where you're allowed to be a disrespectful jerk.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
Sorry, I missed the part where you're allowed to be a disrespectful jerk.

I admit I said some sketchy things but that was in the middle of a heated discussion a few days ago. I have since made peace with the people in the discussion. Now I am being sweared at left and right. Is that not also disrespectful? Eye for an eye I guess.

Edited by BigSqwert

Hey! Remember the feeling when Uribe cut across the diamond and fired to Paulie for the final out?

Let's all pause, smile, and relax.

We have a troll, they always go away when ignored.

Not quite, but it would eliminate a few. Off the top of my head the Civil War would have happened, Hitler would have been after anyone not blond hair, blue eyed, The Mexican American War would have been fought, of course we have oil to fight over. As long as we have ownership of things, we will have wars. Land, oil, gold, etc.

It is too bad that you've been brainwashed by the Cult of those who have no hope for eternal life. I guess if I was condemned to eternity away from God, I would want company.

It is so much easier to just so No to God. It is a simpler concept than believing in a higher power.

Civil War would have never taken place, if there was no religion..

Hitler, Well this is one that yes Religion had nothing to with, there are rare cases..

Mexican-American war, could have been avioded..

The point is the majority of wars. would be non existed if their was a world with religion.

How is it easier to know that life in itself has no meaning? Tell me that? Which is easier, to sit back and create a false icon, that give humans purpose or to know that everything they think is real is nothing but lies, and are to blinded by the truth to see it?

I sat in your chair I wised up, you will never sit in mine..

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)

If you knew that already, why would you be whining about Soxy? :bang

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
I posted a link which got ignored, on the truth of the bible for starters.. Alot of what I have read on the subject are in books, last time I checked I can post links to my library..

I can post names but again this would you to actually read their matterial. Which I take you would not do. For Starters Socrates, Plato,Aristotle, Spinoza, Hell even laerning the true message of Jesus. .Not found in the bible.

You know I have actually read all of those people that you quote. Heck, I even did my senior thesis on what Spinoza did as far as critiqueing the Bible (In case you were wondering, he had a political agenda behind his writings). I do not see what they have to do with the truth of the Bible. It is a belief that cannot be proved just as saying "there is no God cannot be proved". Of course, this all may be falling on deaf ears. :huh

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
NO Yansy keeps popping up

Let's be logical. 10 people are on one side in a thread about Churches, and 1 is on other . Are you that dense? LOL at you being so childish.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
Civil War would have never taken place, if there was no religion..

Hitler, Well this is one that yes Religion had nothing to with, there are rare cases..

Mexican-American war, could have been avioded..

The point is the majority of wars. would be non existed if their was a world with religion.

You said NO wars. Backtracking a bit? Now I'm confused. I thought you said you were telling me the truth? I don't know who to believe now.

You know this thread reminds me of the episode of All In The Family where Archie wanted to get his grandson baptized but Meathead and Gloria didn't want to get their son baptized so Archie was watching the baby and gave him an "emergency baptism."

Except I enjoyed watching that show and this thread, not so much.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)
Is that the best you can do?  That article includes a rebuttal which destroyed everything that was said in your article.

That was funny, wasn't it?