ESPN's Sportsnation Poll

GreatScott82

That is somewhat surprising, because I would have thought that the Yanks would have been #1 with the addition of Damon.

The Sox should be in first though. They finished the season #1 and have made moves to make themselves better. Hard to argue against that.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Im a little surprised people think we are number one,  mets are a little high a #4

Are you suprised that people think we are #1? Or are you suprised the entire country thinks we are #1?

Because im not surprised one bit. You figure we add a powerful Lefty handed bat to our lineup (Thome), add a power arm to already a bolstered staff (Vazquez), and add arguably the best utility man in baseball (Mackowiak) to an already World Championship team... your damn right we are #1!

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
Are you suprised that people think we are #1? Or are you suprised the entire country thinks we are #1?

Because im not surprised one bit. You figure we add a powerful Lefty handed bat to our lineup (Thome), add a power arm to already a bolstered staff (Vazquez), and add arguably the best utility man in baseball (Mackowiak) to an already World Championship team... your damn right we are #1!

Im surprised enough people across the country think we are number one to put us number 1. I definitely think we should be number 1. We've upgraded a world series championship team that is still hungry for more.

Seems like the Yankees and Cardinals always dominate these polls

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Im surprised enough people across the country think we are number one to put us number 1.  I definitely think we should be number 1.  We've upgraded a world series championship team that is still hungry for more.

Seems like the Yankees and Cardinals always dominate these polls

the verdict is still out on whether we upgraded the team. if thome isnt healthy in sept/oct, if we dont see an emerging CF with steady performance as AROW, if something happens to Cotts then we will feel the loss of Damaso, & the innings contribution from Vizcaino will definitely be missed imo. anyway it will be fun to see if the risks KW pulled justify the return.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
the verdict is still out on whether we upgraded the team.  if thome isnt healthy in sept/oct, if we dont see an emerging CF with steady performance as AROW, if something happens to Cotts then we will feel the loss of Damaso, & the innings contribution from Vizcaino will definitely be missed imo.  anyway it will be fun to see if the risks KW pulled justify the return.

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Whole lotta ifs in there.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
not to dismiss your thread here.  but i find that since the sox won the championship i don't really give a s*** anyone about useless polls like this one.  last year i would have voted for the sox #1 for about an hour.  *shrug*

Instead of sweeping the leg, need to sweep that yellow font color. :P

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
the verdict is still out on whether we upgraded the team.  if thome isnt healthy in sept/oct, if we dont see an emerging CF with steady performance as AROW, if something happens to Cotts then we will feel the loss of Damaso, & the innings contribution from Vizcaino will definitely be missed imo.  anyway it will be fun to see if the risks KW pulled justify the return.

If Thome goes back to being the power bat he is, if Contreras continues to pitch like he did last year, if Vazquez rebounds like I think he will, if Brian Anderson hits .270 with 20 homers, 20 steals, an .820 OPS, and gold glove defense, if Pods gets on at a .380 clip, if Iguchi has a better sophomore season than rookie season, if Crede hits very well this year...the Sox are a 120 win team.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
If Thome goes back to being the power bat he is, if Contreras continues to pitch like he did last year, if Vazquez rebounds like I think he will, if Brian Anderson hits .270 with 20  homers, 20 steals, an .820 OPS, and gold glove defense, if Pods gets on at a .380 clip, if Iguchi has a better sophomore season than rookie season, if Crede hits very well this year...the Sox are a 120 win team.

Lol...nice list man.. :drink