Sammy to the nation's capital?

Yoda

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
If he's smart and really wants those numbers, he goes to Colorado and asks "What will you pay me"?

What a great idea, seriously. They could pay him peanuts, he wont have to roam the field much, he could surpass his HR goal, and everyone wont have to hear from him there. SOunds great.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Man, someone has to calculate the ratio of Sammy-Hops to Sosa Home Runs if he goes to a place like that.  I bet it would approach like 7-1.

If he's smart and really wants those numbers, he goes to Colorado and asks "What will you pay me"?

first off, that's the type of thing that should be bet on if he goes to Washington. just the thought of all the times he'd do the Sammy-Hop just for warning track shots still has me laughing to myself.

and unfortunately for Sammy, Colorado really has no interest in him, as their outfield is set, but Sosa might be smartest to go to a place like Houston, a hitter's park where he could compete for a corner outfielders spot.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
first off, that's the type of thing that should be bet on if he goes to Washington.  just the thought of all the times he'd do the Sammy-Hop just for warning track shots still has me laughing to myself.

and unfortunately for Sammy, Colorado really has no interest in him, as their outfield is set, but Sosa might be smartest to go to a place like Houston, a hitter's park where he could compete for a corner outfielders spot.

Plus the extra added incentive of trying to stick it to the Cubs 19 times a year.