What Church Do You Attend?

Texsox

I'm Catholic, but also am very involved in an outreach Ministry through the United Methodist Church. At least one Sunday, and sometimes two, I am ministering to young men and women in a camp setting.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
Catholic. I went through the RCIA program and was baptized/confirmed in 2002.

I am active and an officer in the Knights of Columbus.

Got any Tootsie Rolls :D

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
Actually, yes, I do.  :D

I remember my father-in-law one year had all of his Council's extra in his garage for next year. Sam's Club wouldn't have that much inventory. :D

Mostly I attend a breakaway home church that has gotten away from organized "Church" and has really tried to go back to what the new testament services looked like. Its really interesting. Lots of what we do is look at where traditions have come from, and if that was really supposed to be apart of a church in the first place.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Mostly I attend a breakaway home church that has gotten away from organized "Church" and has really tried to go back to what the new testament services looked like.  Its really interesting.  Lots of what we do is look at where traditions have come from, and if that was really supposed to be apart of a church in the first place.

Preach on, dude. :lol:

That's pretty much what we're doing now. We have a group of about 15 people that meet most every Saturday night.

We just stopped attending the church we used to... for the very reason why I didn't go to church for 15 years... political crap and drama.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
That's pretty much what we're doing now.  We have a group of about 15 people that meet most every Saturday night. 

Hooters wings and beer is not a church!

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
Hooters wings and beer is not a church!

:chair :chair :chair

:D

That was a good one. The door was left wiiiiiide open.

The one thing that is lacking is an in depth study, which I plan to try to help rectify soon. :)

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
Roman Catholic here...But I agree with comedian Rick Reynolds on Catholicism:

I'd attend church more if they used fudge instead of a communion wafer.

"Body of Christ. With or without nuts?"

:D

(Hell won't be too bad, right?)

LOL. Don't worry, it will be a soxtalk reunion :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Except they will put us in with the Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox fans... It is hell afterall.

And instead of a Rally Crede, we get White Flags™

I am a Roman Catholic and have belonged to a whole slew of parishes due to my family moving around so much. I started out life as a Catholic baptized at St. Mary's in Killarney , Co Kerry. Now I am a member at the church my wife and I got married in, Notre Dame in Clarendon Hills, Illinois. Its a few towns over from where I live in Downers Grove, but I like the parish.

Edited by southsideirish71

Catholic church. I didn't go to mass for about 10 years and started to go back last April. It has helped me a great deal in many ways. Of course there are things that I don't 100% agree with in Church doctrine, but for the most part I tried to incorporate the moral of Gospel (so to speak) weekly. It is helping me to deal with my father-in-law's death in several ways as well as stress. As I told my mom (jokingly), the year I go back to the Church, the White Sox win the World Series and I get married; there has to be something to it ;) .