Huge Gator Swimming with Deer

Texsox

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
man thats scary.... alligators are badasses.... much scarrier than sharks who get more negative attention.

Did you see the pic of the gator in open water swimming with the deer? And it was verified on snopes.com which is very reliable.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
Ok les see how that tiger does in water vs the alligator where they are quick....

Alligators are pretty quick on land, at least in bursts.

My computer sucks and I can never watch those kinds of movies at home. I imagine the movie is of a tiger killing an alligator. Could someone explain it better?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)

My computer sucks and I can never watch those kinds of movies at home.  I imagine the movie is of a tiger killing an alligator.  Could someone explain it better?

I am fairly sure it is a Tiger in India, taking on a Alligator around 10+ feet. It really is impressive, seeing as the whole fight takes place in the mud, and the Tiger is killing the alligator by riding its back and biting down on its neck which is mere inches from the alligators mouth. There is a couple of shots where the tiger almost gets it, but he ultimately wins.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)

I bet the gator can hold it's breath longer though... :D

This reminds me of a show I saw on the Discovery Channel (I think) where they came up with scenarios of two different animals fighting each other and then tried to build machines that would determine which animal would win.

IIRC, they did a tiger vs. a lion. A gator vs. a shark.

It was mostly guesswork because usually the animals lived in different environments and it depended on which one got the jump over the other one.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
I bet the gator can hold it's breath longer though...  :D

This reminds me of a show I saw on the Discovery Channel (I think) where they came up with scenarios of two different animals fighting each other and then tried to build machines that would determine which animal would win.

IIRC, they did a tiger vs. a lion. A gator vs. a shark.

It was mostly guesswork because usually the animals lived in different environments and it depended on which one got the jump over the other one.

I remember that. They did it in my freshman year, so that was two years ago. I watched the lion vs. tiger one, and I still think the tiger should've won. Lions are sooooooo overrated :D

We came up with a scenario where it was a grizzly bear vs. a black widow (spider, that is :P ). The entire show would consist of the bear walking around the forest doing its normal thing, then it just collapses and dies in the last two minutes of the show. They zoom in on the bear's back, and there's a spider giving the camera a pistol wink.