Reggie Bush's decision...

Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
ESPN Radio reporting that Reggie Bush will be staying at USC for his senior year. Wow!

They are still waiting to confirm in so nothing in stone as of 8:40am.

:angry: Dumb gag

I thilnk he should go back to college, the Texans are going nowhere, and they have no offensvie line at all, I dont see him doing very good in their system especially when their QB cant throw the ball to complement the run game. I would go back to USC hoping next year that theres better teams towards the top that he would prefer.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
My opinion as to why he will stay another year, if he chooses to do so, is to avoid playing for the Texans.  I wouldnt want to run behind that offensive line either.

When you are guaranteed millions and a lock for the #1 draft pick, I dont think there is even a question that he comes out. Who knows, the Texans might go out and pick up an offensive line through free agency.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Wait so is Bush staying, or is the gag thing true????

He is announcing it today, but with Leinart and White gone, it would make sense if he leaves as well. His stock is too high right now. If goes back to USC and gets hurt or has a sub-par year, he will lose out on millions.

Edited by RME JICO

When you are guaranteed millions and a lock for the #1 draft pick, I dont think there is even a question that he comes out. Who knows, the Texans might go out and pick up an offensive line through free agency.

Well I didn't say he was staying, I wouldn't be able to pass up millions and nor should he. That was the only rationale I could think of as to why he would stay. Apparently it is a moot point anyway.

USC running back Bush to skip senior season

LOS ANGELES -- Reggie Bush is skipping his senior season at Southern California to enter the NFL draft.

The Heisman Trophy winner made the expected announcement Thursday, a day after running mate LenDale White made his decision to leave early and turn pro.

Bush is expected to be one of the first players taken in the draft, with many projecting him going to the Houston Texans with the No. 1 pick.

The electrifying running back had 1,740 yards rushing and 2,890 all-purpose yards this season for the Trojans, who fell short of an unprecedented third national title when they lost 41-38 to Texas in the Rose Bowl last week.

"It's a happy day, I don't think it's a sad time," Bush said at a news conference. "It was tough. ... You want to please everybody. You want to return for your senior season."

Wherever Bush winds up in the draft, he'll become a rich man.

Bush, who turns 21 in March, has flashed such blinding speed, great moves and an uncanny ability to change direction that he's been compared to such greats as Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Tony Dorsett and Marshall Faulk.

Bush, a 6-foot, 200-pounder from Spring Valley, Calif., averaged 8.7 yards per carry. He also caught 37 passes for 478 yards and led the nation in all-purpose yards with 222.3 per game.

Bush was a runaway winner of the Heisman, with Texas quarterback Vince Young far back in second place. Matt Leinart, Bush's teammate the past three years and the 2004 Heisman winner, was third. Those players figure to go 1-2-3 in the NFL draft on April 29.

The Texans, though, already have a young quarterback in David Carr so they could opt for Bush and pass on a hometown hero. Houston has 3½ months to make a decision.

Had Bush stayed in school, he would have had a chance to join Ohio State running back Archie Griffin as the only two-time Heisman winners. Griffin won the award in 1974-75.

After winning his Heisman, Leinart decided to return to USC for his senior year although he almost surely would have been among the top players picked in last April's draft.

As a quarterback, Leinart was in a far different situation than Bush, since running backs are such a target, with even the best at risk every time they carry the ball. On average, standout running backs have far shorter pro careers than top quarterbacks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2289825

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
If he like, wouldn't want to go to Houston, shouldn't he just call Archie?

He's currently on hold, since Matt Leinart is already making that call since he doesn't want to go to New Orleans. :lol: