I don't know who is worse

southsider2k5

The 68-year-old Southwood has arrests for rape, kidnapping and attempted murder that date back to the 1960's. He was even convicted of having sex with his own daughter. She gave birth to two of his children.

Wow, can we all agree that this guy should NEVER see the light of day on the outside ever again? Kill him or throw away the key.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Wow, can we all agree that this guy should NEVER see the light of day on the outside ever again? Kill him or throw away the key.

where's Jonathon "The Impaler" Sharkey when you need him??!?! :bang

I'm as horrified by these crimes as everyone else, but I wonder if we don't realize that there's something else going on here besides just a greedy, consciousless crime.

I mean, it's virtually common knowledge that these people are never "cured" and prison terms neither sway nor rehabilitate them. Rather than continue to throw good money after bad by trying to give them prison stretches or "therapy," I think we need to dig deeper to find out exactly what's making these people tick. Haven't they begun studying the brains of deceased serial killers? Are they doing this with child molestors as well? Anyone know if they can?

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
No, just until they're rehabilitated.

Red: Rehabilitated? Well, Now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.

1967 Parole Hearings Man: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society.

Red: I know what *you* think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word; a politician's word. So young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?

1967 Parole Hearings Man: Well, are you?

Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bulls*** word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a s***.