Jail beating

LosMediasBlancas

According to the guy who got "punked him otta his shoes and clothes and b**** slapped", he was about to get raped by those two guys. They were both bigger than him, and in the interview last night he said his only concern was to stay on his feet, because he said it was over if he fell. The guards waited over 20 minutes to help him. His way of putting up a fight was staying on his feet, I dont think he should have tried anything more than that because he would have just made the situation worse. What if he swung at the guy punking him out, and the third guy jumped up and started helping the attacker? Just an unfortunate situation for the "victim"

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
If it was a white guy beating up a black guy...this would be a national story.

...or maybe the story is this big because it's a black guy beating up a white guy. Do you think black guys beat up black guys in holding cells, or guards beat up black guys at county and get no help from the guards? Ever hear about that on the news?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
...or maybe the story is this big because it's a black guy beating up a white guy.  Do you think black guys beat up black guys in holding cells, or guards beat up black guys at county and get no help from the guards?  Ever hear about that on the news?

I don't want to speak for someone else, but I think it's obvious that black-on-white crime and white-on-black crime draw much more media attention than white-on-white and black-on-black.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
I don't want to speak for someone else, but I think it's obvious that black-on-white crime and white-on-black crime draw much more media attention than white-on-white and black-on-black.

Sure cause if it was White on Black crime its automatically a hate crime and all the leftists, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and whoever else would descend on the area and start crusading.

I intern at a county courthouse and I was talking to a deputy I work with about some of the crazy stuff he's seen and how cops react. He basically just said that when fights break out in prisons, the standard protocol many times is to let them "tire themselves out" then stop them. He couldn't work the county prisons anymore because it was so horrible.

When it comes to prisons, I don't think it's just the prisoners that are trying to survive.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
I know I'm being a "dreamer" or whatever, but I still find myself wishing for the day when anyone beating anyone would cause outrage in people.

This world is so f***ed up.

Awwwww, I'm all warm and fuzzy inside right now. :P I feel you man, but it is what it is.

You never know how you might react until you're actually in a situation. I tell you this though, if I'm caged up with nowhere to go and no one is helping me and two dudes are talking about taking my s*** and RAPING me??!! Then sheeeeit, you better believe we're about to straight up knuckle.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Awwwww, I'm all warm and fuzzy inside right now.  :P  I feel you man, but it is what it is. 

You never know how you might react until you're actually in a situation.  I tell you this though, if I'm caged up with nowhere to go and no one is helping me and two dudes are talking about taking my s*** and RAPING me??!!  Then sheeeeit, you better believe we're about to straight up knuckle.

I'm not talking about self-defense, that's 100% understandable.

I'm talking about whether it's "worse" or "more outrageous" or "more newsworthy" depending on race or whatever. It all seems to come back to race, and that's just sad.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
I'm not talking about self-defense, that's 100% understandable.

I'm talking about whether it's "worse" or "more outrageous" or "more newsworthy" depending on race or whatever. It all seems to come back to race, and that's just sad.

I know what you meant.

this thread reminds me of when the air marshalls shot that one guy who claimed he had a bomb, and a bunch of posters said "oh, the air marshalls gonna get fired because the country has become so PC"

and nothing happened, and i've never once heard anyone say, well, i guess we were wrong, they just wait until something like that DOES happen so they can complain about how damn PC the country has become. And they wait to predict about how the PC brigade and Jesse Jackson will be all over some story

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
I know I'm being a "dreamer" or whatever, but I still find myself wishing for the day when anyone beating anyone would cause outrage in people.

This world is so f***ed up.

I know I'm being a "dreamer" or whatever, but I still find myself wishing for the day when no one is beating anyone.