Would anyone like to guess...

Soxplosion

Hey HSC, i said that before...bring Aaron Miles and put him in 2B and D'ang in SS. And we trade Jose for some prospects. Trade Jose to the Reds.

As I said....if you think our defense up the middle is s***ty now....you just wait until it is DJ at SS and Miles at 2B. My high school MI combo would do a better job defensively than that one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey HSC, i said that before...bring Aaron Miles and put him in 2B and D'ang in SS. And we trade Jose for some prospects. Trade Jose to the Reds.

whos the reds got that we need to have????? prospect wise that is........

Guest JimH

A spark is definitely needed.

I looked at the minors statistics today and there's not much of anybody doing well.

Webster is doing well in Kanny, Miles is doing well in Charlotte ... that's about it.

Our best SS prospect is hitting a whopping .185 or so.

You know, I hate like hell to vent on just one guy ... in my last post - Jose Valentin ... because there are lots of these guys who are absolutely clueless at the moment. I'm sure they're more frustrated than even we are (with the exception of paydays of course). But I'm sure they want to do well and win.

The frustrating thing is, a mark of a decent team is one that builds on momentum and stomps all over a bad team like the Tigers. Four hits is absolutely unacceptable. Borchard was doing horribly in Charlotte and he looked overmatched tonite against a very mediocre lefthander. That is not a good sign.

These guys are mailing it in. Konerko is a mess mentally. He goes through that BS ritual of re-doing his batting gloves, spitting in them, and checking to see if the goddamned trademark on the bat is facing toward him AFTER EVERY PITCH. You'd think someone on the coaching staff would go up to him and say, "hey Paul ... take a damn chill pill ... your goofy routine has got you all tied up in knots ... STOP ADJUSTING YOUR BATTING GLOVES AFTER EVERY PITCH ... just get up there, have a little fun, and try to whack the ball up the middle!".

As for Valentin ... I know he's a favorite here. But hey, leaders lead. This guy is not leading, he's failing.

Frank Thomas? Another mental mess. That AB in the 8th inning was one of the worst I've ever seen watching him since 1990. 2-0 ahead in the count, he's got a perfect rinky-dink slider he can drill up the middle ... NO ... he's so damn confused ... next thing you know he's fishing for a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner.

Is it any wonder why Olivo is the only guy who seems to have a clue about hitting the ball to right field?

He hasn't been around these supposed major league instructors as much as these other underachievers.

This team needed to have a BIG April and May, because June and July get a LOT tougher.

They haven't done it. This is a mess and there needs to be some accountability.

I would start by benching someone of some substance. I don't care who, there are about 9-10 candidates. Or pull the trigger on a deal and get some speed in the lineup ... put the pressure on these other teams ... the "wait for the 3 run homer" strategy ain't working.

Guest hotsoxchick1

rafa i do not say aaron sucks.. i like him alot..........the combo of him and dj may not be so good though... miles in experienced at the major level (but im sure would catch on quickly) but dj and his lazy days up here leave a bit to be desired at the ss position.........not a good combo i think... at least not now.........

You want so badly to be positive. We win two in a row against a pretty good Toronto team and even stage a comeback for only the second time this year. However, we then host the worse team in baseball and get FOUR hits!!! The pitcher is 0-9 and we give him his first win just like we gave the Tigers their first win of the season earlier. We find a different way to lose every series and our offense just sputters along. Our call up hero (Borchard) strikes out twice. I want these guys to do good so bad it hurts. Garland picthes a good game from the looks of it and we can't produce a winner for him. I hope Loaiza can be the stopper again on Saturday. Right now it's EL and BC getting the wins and then 3 loses. I am not a math wizard, but I don't think you can win a division championship that way. Even in the AL Central.

Just get rid of Jose. And D'ang plays better dfense than f***ing Jose. Aaron plays defense so bad like u are saying???

DJ has no range whatsoever. You have to be able to watch the games to see that....so I can understand why you were misled. Ask anyone here if Royce Clayton is a good defensive SS....and I bet a lot of people will say that he had a good glove, but no range. Jose is the exact opposite. DJ gives you both of Clayton's and Valentin's negatives...he has no range and a bad glove....plus he's a lazy ass, and if Jose has to kick his ass constantly to get him motivated....then how would he play when Jose is not around?

And Miles makes a lot of errors....plain and simple.

Guest hotsoxchick1
These guys are mailing it in. Konerko is a mess mentally. He goes through that BS ritual of re-doing his batting gloves, spitting in them, and checking to see if the goddamned trademark on the bat is facing toward him AFTER EVERY PITCH. You'd think someone on the coaching staff would go up to him and say, "hey Paul ... take a damn chill pill ... your goofy routine has got you all tied up in knots ... STOP ADJUSTING YOUR BATTING GLOVES AFTER EVERY PITCH ... just get up there, have a little fun, and try to whack the ball up the middle!".

lmmfao.... i have been saying that since he came here.. its a trademark or something with him... its the most irritatiing thing i have ever seen by any player in my life time and ive seen some pretty stupid things they do before they bat.........

rafa i do not say aaron sucks.. i like him alot..........the combo of him and dj may  not be so good though... miles in experienced at the major level (but im sure would catch on quickly) but dj and his lazy days up here leave a bit to be desired at the ss position.........not a good combo i think... at least not now.........

Jose is on pace to what 30 errors. D'ang is not lazy, but if he is lazy he can play some SS better than Jose. Jose plays SS since he was 15 years old and make a lot of errors. I never play baseball and i think i would do better than him on defense.

Guest hotsoxchick1
DJ has no range whatsoever.  You have to be able to watch the games to see that....so I can understand why you were misled.  Ask anyone here if Royce Clayton is a good defensive SS....and I bet a lot of people will say that he had a good glove, but no range.  Jose is the exact opposite.  DJ gives you both of Clayton's and Valentin's negatives...he has no range and a bad glove....plus he's a lazy ass, and if Jose has to kick his ass constantly to get him motivated....then how would he play when Jose is not around?

miles only has 3 errors thus far.. about the same as dj??? i think so.........so they are pretty evenly matched.. only miles isnt lazy...........

DJ has no range whatsoever.  You have to be able to watch the games to see that....so I can understand why you were misled.  Ask anyone here if Royce Clayton is a good defensive SS....and I bet a lot of people will say that he had a good glove, but no range.  Jose is the exact opposite.  DJ gives you both of Clayton's and Valentin's negatives...he has no range and a bad glove....plus he's a lazy ass, and if Jose has to kick his ass constantly to get him motivated....then how would he play when Jose is not around?

miles only has 3 errors thus far.. about the same as dj??? i think so.........so they are pretty evenly matched.. only miles isnt lazy...........

I thought I'd read that he made like 20 errors last year or something like that.

Am I just remembering wrong?

Regardless....I'd love to have Miles up here right now. We need a spark....a Charlie Hustle-type ball player. We don't have one right now at the top of our order....though we do have on in Olivo.

Guest JimH

Nomar is more irritating with his nonsense before every at-bat. Ricky Henderson is (was) exceedingly annoying. Mike Hargrove was a Class A Mental Case Goofball with his rituals.

I would put Konerko and his crap right behind those three.

Big difference, though ... all three of the aforementioned were (are) better hitters than Konerko.

Konerko has not learned to channel intensity. Hitting is definitely a mental art, in addition to the mechanics as well as understanding and knowing pitchers.

Konerko is an absolute mess and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

If Miles is the guy JM wants at 2B and KW is gone..... as you say..... then why is Miles still down in the minors :huh: ?

If Miles is the guy JM wants at 2B and KW is gone..... as you say..... then why is Miles still down in the minors :huh: ?

Heh, good question. :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1

because jm needs jr's approval first.........he will be up here soon enough.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

I thought I'd read that he made like 20 errors last year or something like that.

Am I just remembering wrong?

Regardless....I'd love to have Miles up here right now. We need a spark....a Charlie Hustle-type ball player. We don't have one right now at the top of our order....though we do have on in Olivo.

it was something like that.. LAST YEAR being the key words.... how many did dj have??? dont recall....anyhow i think he would be just fine here.. hell he cant be any worse off and hes hittin like a mo fo so why not take the chance...........what have we got to lose now anyhow.......

Guest JimH

As much as I'm all for ading a spark to this team, and as much as I'm intrigued by what Aaron Miles might do ... he has exactly zero stolen bases this year, caught stealing 5 times ... with an on-base % of .395 or so, you'd think he's have at least one stolen base.

I'm not criticizing Aaron Miles, but I'm saying I seriously doubt he'd be a savior.

It would take a lot more than Aaron Miles to get this team out of the dumper.

Heh, good question. :rolleyes:

IMO, it is because Aaron just play 2B and D'ang is playing well and hitting well, so he needs to put D'ang in SS and Aaron in 2B, but for him to do this he needs to put Jose in the bench or trade him. And Jose in the bench means clubhouse trouble.

Guest hotsoxchick1
As much as I'm all for ading a spark to this team, and as much as I'm intrigued by what Aaron Miles might do ... he has exactly zero stolen bases this year, caught stealing 5 times ... with an on-base % of .395 or so, you'd think he's have at least one stolen base.

I'm not criticizing Aaron Miles, but I'm saying I seriously doubt he'd be a savior.

It would take a lot more than Aaron Miles to get this team out of the dumper.

im not sayin hes a savior .... but it cant hurt any.. were already f***ed anyhow why not see if he can spark a few asses and make them play somewhat huh.........

Miles = no defense.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Blaming one guy for this loss is idiotic....  There were sooooo many missed opprotunities.

Oh, God, you guys are back on the Jesus Miles Bandwagon again?

:huh:  :bang  :bang  :bang  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :bang  :bang  :lolhitting

because we dont have any other band wagon to be on........lol............

Blaming one guy for this loss is idiotic....  There were sooooo many missed opprotunities.

Then can we just develop Jimenez, a guy who at least has a pretty decent upside?

Guest hotsoxchick1

Then can we just develop Jimenez, a guy who at least has a pretty decent upside?

jimenez = lazy ass........no we cant develope that................nor do i want to .. hes no savior either...........