Interesting Moronotti Piece Today

whitesoxfan101

I love this one:

Even when catcher Michael Barrett tried to praise the Pierre acquisition, it struck a bad note. "I hate to bring up the White Sox,'' he said, "but Scott Podsednik completely changed the complexion of that team as a leadoff hitter.''

"BOOOOOOOOOO!'' Cubdom replied.

Hilarious. Go Cubbies, maybe you can be the 2nd best team in your Division this year, but I doubt it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Everything White Sox is being booed at the Clown Convention apparently.  Great to hear, so much for "they don't care about the White Sox".

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Actually, that theory died during the playoffs. Basically every Cub fan I knew had a close eye on the games and were completely demoralized after every playoff win.

I gets the feeling that Cub fans are gonna be awfully quiet during the Sox/Cubs games this year.

By the way, what the f*** is Bobby Howry's problem?

New Cub Howry still taking shots at Sox

"They don't have four No. 1 [starters]," Howry said of the Sox. "Not to take anything away from them; they pitched great last year. But they had some guys that put up career years. If you look at guys who put up numbers consistently year after year and have the stuff ... that staff doesn't match up with this one. When both staffs are healthy, I think our staff takes the cake."

Who pissed in his cereal? This ain't the first time he's said s*** like this.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
By the way, what the f*** is Bobby Howry's problem?

New Cub Howry still taking shots at Sox

Who pissed in his cereal?  This ain't the first time he's said s*** like this.

I don't know where Howry gets off talking about career years with our players where he had one himself.

I'm sure this will be spinned as Howry "livening up the inner city rivalry."

Meanwhile, if roles were reversed and any of our players said this it would be labeled "jealousy."

Odd--I thought Cub players and fan didn't concern themselves with the White Sox? Even though our team has been continually mentioned by fans during Q&A sessions, as well as interviews with players.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I cant wait until Thome turns one of his fastballs around in Wrigley. Thome always seemed to do that s*** to us when he was with Cleveland if a White Sox player got chirpy in the paper before a series.

"When both staffs are healthy, I think our staff takes the cake."

Cubs fans and players have been saying this s*** for years. "When healthy...." blahblahblah. Get back to me when you are healthy and positive news isnt "Kerry Wood played catch today for the first time in 6 months...."

Edited by kyyle23

Howry's use of the term "career years" is absolutely ridiculous. I see a "career year" as being someone winning 20 plus games and never having a history of winning before. Everyoone of the Sox pitchers has a posiitve past with solid agreeemnt that they were going to mature into aces. We have 5 #1 starters and maybe 6 on this staff. You can put that on the board Bobbie Howry!

Some more priceless stuff from the Cub Convention today...

Baker, Hendry go on fans' firing line

The first awkward occasion occurred when one particularly long-winded blogger groused that White Sox GM Ken Williams and manager Ozzie Guillen were "smoking cigars with their feet up and laughing at us, laughing at you guys, laughing at the North Side."

Howry is a f*** and overrated, he will fit right in with the Cubs. BTW, a bit random, but why are Cubs fans so obsessed with OBP and stats of that variety? I swear they are more picky than Billy Beane about that stuff, they are believers in the mighty idea that has won 0 playoff series though, that's for sure.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Thats exactly what I was thinking.  Actually, that theory died during the playoffs.  Basically every Cub fan I knew had a close eye on the games and were completely demoralized after every playoff win.

I gets the feeling that Cub fans are gonna be awfully quiet during the Sox/Cubs games this year.

I knew Cubs fans who started out acting happy for the Sox, but after the Boston series and they looked for real began to root against the Sox and were demoralized after every Sox win.

by the way, your signature is the one episode of Arrested Development I've watched, and the funniest episode of anything I've seen in a while.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
I knew Cubs fans who started out acting happy for the Sox, but after the Boston series and they looked for real began to root against the Sox and were demoralized after every Sox win.

by the way, your signature is the one episode of Arrested Development I've watched, and the funniest episode of anything I've seen in a while.

Amazing show that nobody watches. About to get cancelled. I felt like I'd be doing a disservice as a fan if I didn't make an attempt, no matter how miniscule, to get the word out. By the way, the time it shows in my sig is wrong. Mondays at 7:00pm.

But thats enough show pimping for one night. :)

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
Amazing show that nobody watches.  About to get cancelled.  I felt like I'd be doing a disservice as a fan if I didn't make an attempt, no matter how miniscule, to get the word out.  By the way, the time it shows in my sig is wrong.  Mondays at 7:00pm.

But thats enough show pimping for one night.  :)

that's unfortunate, I'll have to watch it this Monday (it's the season finale, I think that's what they said on Conan O'Brien) and look for re-runs.

Baker's awkward moment came minutes later, when a perturbed fan drew applause for criticizing the manager's game strategy.

"I swear to God, I don't understand why you've never heard of a squeeze bunt in your life," the fan said. "A manager has a chance to have a direct impact on 10-15 games a season, and I don't think we won one of them last year.

"Cubs fans make a commitment to you guys every year. It's time you guys make a commitment to us."

"Thank you," Baker replied

Ha!

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
that's unfortunate, I'll have to watch it this Monday (it's the season finale, I think that's what they said on Conan O'Brien) and look for re-runs.

Well, if you actually plan on watching it, I must warn you that Fox (consistantly giving more reasons to hate them) keeps jerking the show around. They keep saying that it will run out the last few episodes, but they aren't saying when.

If you really wanna know more, PM me. Otherwise, back to the topic at hand.

Edited by KevHead0881