Generalisimo Chavez...again

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Enough! Stop this racist bulls*** that goes on in here.  It's ignorant.  It makes Soxtalk look bad.  It's not funny at all.  In fact, it's disgusting.

I don't understand. What's racist? :unsure:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Me neither.  We've been doing that stuff since the beginning of the baseball season and nobodys b****ed a fit till now.

We've deleted threads, posts, etc. before.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Me neither.  We've been doing that stuff since the beginning of the baseball season and nobodys b****ed a fit till now.

Oh. I've b****ed about it. I just haven't received much support. You seemed to acknowledge racism in the same type of thing in a post by LCR where he was quoting from a magazine and the author was using 'satire' regarding blacks.

For those that haven't read the above mentioned post, LCR was showing what a jagbag this author was.

NUKE, you are a good dude, but this stuff is just wrong.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:26 AM)
Oh. I've b****ed about it.  I just haven't received much support. 

If we are keeping score, I am 100% behind YASNY on this. Perhaps I'm biased from living on the border, but this stuff isn't even good satire.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 04:26 AM)
.  You seemed to acknowledge racism in the same type of thing in a post by LCR where he was quoting from a magazine and the author was using 'satire' regarding blacks.

For those that haven't read the above mentioned post, LCR was showing what a jagbag this author was. 

NUKE, you are a good dude, but this stuff is just wrong.

"Oh. I've b****ed about it. I just haven't received much support."

That should tell you that maybe you are the only person who sees anything wrong with it. I see things on this board every day that I don't like, or aren't funny to me, or don't make 'good satire', but I don't tell people what they can or can't write. Having a laugh at ficticious characters from movies makes Sox Talk look bad?? Letting a small group of people try to dictate what is right and wrong is what will make Sox Talk look bad.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
"Oh. I've b****ed about it.  I just haven't received much support."

That should tell you that maybe you are the only person who sees anything wrong with it.    I see things on this board every day that I don't like, or aren't funny to me, or don't make 'good satire', but I don't tell people what they can or can't write.   Having a laugh at ficticious characters from movies makes Sox Talk look bad??  Letting a small group of people try to dictate what is right and wrong is what will make Sox Talk look bad.

If something is racial and demeaning, it's wrong. I don't care how you justify it. It is f***ing wrong. Look, I get angry about too much political correctness stuff being shoved down our throats in this country. But, to make fun of a large segment of our population because their English is not quite up to your standards is f***ing ignorant.

Edit: Are Sammy Sosa and Ozzie Guillen fictious characters? I've seen the same type of idiocy used protraying them.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
If making fun of Ozzie's accent is racist,  basically the entire team and Ozzie himself are total racists

:P

If a black man calls another blackman 'n*****', is that racist? They do it all the time.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
If a black man calls another blackman 'n*****', is that racist?  They do it all the time.

I don't think doing an impersonation of someone with a foreign accent is the same as using a racial slur.

I guess it could be if it was being done in a malicious way...but I really don't think that is what is going on here.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
I don't think doing an impersonation of someone with a foreign accent is the same as using a racial slur.

I guess it could be if it was being done in a malicious way...but I really don't think that is what is going on here.

Sir, you are not living up to the standards your handle implies here. I'm sorry but this s*** is dead wrong.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)

First off I applaud YASNY for standing up for what he believes is right even if there hasn't been a lot of support or people thinking it's a big problem.

I agree with genious that many times the parody isn't a racial slur, but I still think it is wrong. I would like tosee the site that anyone from the Sox organization could come to and feel welcome. I would like to see the site welcoming every Sox fan, regardless of primary language. I believe some of the "impersonations" step over a line.

The best way I can describe it is this feels more like a blackface ruitine during segregation, than a tribute.