Bill Clinton Ate Raccoon?

LowerCaseRepublican

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1505255

In most places, a politician has to kiss babies in order to succeed. Arkansas politicians have to eat raccoon.

The small east Arkansas town of Gillett doubles its population on the second weekend of every year as candidates and political junkies gather for its annual Coon Supper.

More than 60 years old, the event has become a required stop for anyone seeking or holding political office in Arkansas. Originally started as a fundraiser for high school athletics, it's now the ultimate meet-and-greet for the state's politicians.

"If anybody wants to be in the political scene in Arkansas, it's a must to attend the Coon Supper," said Phil English, the master of ceremonies.

--

Bill Clinton had to eat raccoon in order to become a major player in Arkansa politics. Seems kind of fitting with the way that most elections have become almost reality TV spectacles in their own right. Soon the merger of "Fear Factor" and the US political election system will be complete!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
In India, cows are sacred.  In the USA we eat ground beef.  They must think we are a disgusting society.  Muslims won't touch pork.  We eat it tons of it every day.

Long ago they hatched a plan to take their revenge out on our arteries...

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
In India, cows are sacred.  In the USA we eat ground beef.  They must think we are a disgusting society.  Muslims won't touch pork.  We eat it tons of it every day.

Point taken, but what does that have to do with Bill Clinton? I'm not making fun of some guy from Indian for worshiping a cow, I'm finding it gross that a guy from Arkansas ate raccoon. That's freaking gross, no matter how "ignorant" I am for saying it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
Point taken, but what does that have to do with Bill Clinton?  I'm not making fun of some guy from Indian for worshiping a cow, I'm finding it gross that a guy from Arkansas ate raccoon.  That's freaking gross, no matter how "ignorant" I am for saying it.

exactly. in relation to the rest of the US, it is pretty backward to eat a raccoon for political reasons. you suck, clinton!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Point taken, but what does that have to do with Bill Clinton?  I'm not making fun of some guy from Indian for worshiping a cow, I'm finding it gross that a guy from Arkansas ate raccoon.  That's freaking gross, no matter how "ignorant" I am for saying it.

And people in India find it gross that you eat beef. Muslims find it gross to even touch a pig, even a damn football. The 'ignorance' is in the comments degrading people because they have a different culture. People that are slightly different from you because they live in the south. You know ... hicks, people from Arkansas, that kind of thing. In fact, I bet most of those people in Arkansas even know that state names should be capitalized.

People eat alligator, which lives basically in swamps. People eat snake. Look at a lobster some time, or a crab. Ugly things. Suck the slime out of an oyster. Crawfish. Not everything that people eat come prettily packaged in grocery store.

Personally, I've sampled rabbit, squirrel, quail, pheasant, duck, buffalo and black bear. Some things were not to my taste, others were fantastic. I don't know what raccon would taste like, but I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
People eat alligator, which lives basically in swamps.  People eat snake.  Look at a lobster some time, or a crab.  Ugly things.  Suck the slime out of an oyster.  Crawfish.  Not everything that people eat come prettily packaged in grocery store. 

Personally, I've sampled rabbit, squirrel, quail, pheasant, duck, buffalo and black bear.  Some things were not to my taste, others were fantastic.  I don't know what raccon would taste like, but I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

No deer YAS..?? :huh

Buffalo and ostrich burgers taste very good. There are some upsides to eating unorthodox meats. I believe buffalo and ostrich meat is lower in fat and cholesterol than traditional ground beef. The same goes for venison, I'm pretty sure.