D'Backs #1 overall pick Justin Upton

knightni

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Boras client first pick of the draft didnt sign till somewhat recently and is the brother of the top prospect in the devil rays system....

BJ Upton is no longer the top Devil Rays prospect.

Delmon Young is and he might just be the best prospect in all of baseball.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
BJ Upton is no longer the top Devil Rays prospect.

Delmon Young is and he might just be the best prospect in all of baseball.

The only problem is, Delmon may never reach the bigs seeing how the D-Rays have handeled him. He's been saying for a while now that he's ready for the bigs yet he can't find the field. Hell, he was already talking about free agency and how he can't wait to find a new club earlier this year.

When you have your top spect pissed at you because you're holding him back and he's already looking 5 years down the road at FA, you know you must be doing something wrong as a franchise.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
you know you must be doing something wrong as a franchise.

Since they've lost 90 or more games in eight straight seasons...I think that's a fair assessment. That's mind-boggling. I don't get it...it's not like they're completely void of talent.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Since they've lost 90 or more games in eight straight seasons...I think that's a fair assessment.  That's mind-boggling.  I don't get it...it's not like they're completely void of talent.

I do think they are finally headed on the right path though. Under Andrew Friedman and Gerry Hunsciker they actually seem to have a sense of direction now. They did very well on the Baez trade, and I think they've realised they need to load up on good young pitching, if they ever want to get better as a team.