Panthers @ BEARS

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
One day, it will be THE year.  Look at the 2005 White Sox, for example.

:gosox1:  :notworthy  :pray

Hopefully, because this is getting tired.

As my friend said after today: "Don't get addicted/attatched to a sport team. Because every time they lose, a little part of you dies."

So true, but I foolishly, I will never heed that advice.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)

As my friend said after today:  "Don't get addicted/attatched to a sport team.  Because every time they lose, a little part of you dies."

This year's White Sox showed me that a lot of those parts that die are revived in the joy of winning it all. So be patient, it'll happen one day.

Damn I'm so f***ing tired I could easily fall asleep just sitting here. I was so pumped up I punched multiple holes in the wall today. I can't remember being to jacked for a game I was out of my mind. Sweating all game, running around my basement like a God damn fool.

Felt like I was stabbed in the heart when that game ended.

At least the future is bright. :)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
Damn I'm so f***ing tired I could easily fall asleep just sitting here.  I was so pumped up I punched multiple holes in the wall today.  I can't remember being to jacked for a game I was out of my mind.  Sweating all game, running around my basement like a God damn fool.

That's what the Flub fans thought after Florida tore their guts out.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
:lol:  :lol:

So when the f*** do we resign Briggs and sign Randle El???  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Soon and hopefully not too long after that. I think adding Randle El with Moose, one of the rookie TE's (Davis, Lewis, Pope), a healthy Bradley and Rex, and Gage and Berrian will put us in decent shape passing the ball.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Soon and hopefully not too long after that.  I think adding Randle El with Moose, one of the rookie TE's (Davis, Lewis, Pope), a healthy Bradley and Rex, and Gage and Berrian will put us in decent shape passing the ball.

Suddenly is a solid offense with multiple weapons forming?

Moose has been down this year, but I think/hope he can turn it around. We are very deep in the backfield with TJ, Ced, and AP. Randle El would be the perfect compliment to Moose with their contrasting styles. One of the rookie TE's would add a new dimension. Berrian is emerging and we saw glimpses of Bradley in the Detroit game.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

We need to get several good d backs, at both safety and corner. Our secondary has no depth (a fact that will get worse since Azumah will be gone) and with the way Peanut has looked, we may only have 1 starting corner on this team. I love Mike Brown, but he is hurt a lot, and our safties after him and Chris Harris (who SAVED us at one safety spot this year) aren't any good. We just need a lot of help in the secondary. Also, we need some LB depth. I like the starters, and Joe and Ayenbadejo (how far off was i on spelling?) are ok, but we could use another guy there too. Our DL is loaded, even though they weren't too good today (a fact I think that was aided by the bad footing, just like in Pittsburgh).

Interesting enough, we need just as many d players as we do o players going into next year IMO.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
We need to get several good d backs, at both safety and corner.  Our secondary has no depth (a fact that will get worse since Azumah will be gone) and with the way Peanut has looked, we may only have 1 starting corner on this team.  I love Mike Brown, but he is hurt a lot, and our safties after him and Chris Harris (who SAVED us at one safety spot this year) aren't any good.  We just need a lot of help in the secondary.

Definitely agree 100%

Harris is a solid player, really played great this year for a 6th round pick. Mike Brown is a pro-bowl safety, we all know that...but can he stay on the field? We need backups at both safety spots, bring in a few guys to fill those slots. Mike Green blows, get him out of here. Todd Johnson can lay the wood from time to time but he blows, bye.

As far as corner goes, Vasher is a starter. Tillman is a ? at best at this point. He would be a nice nickel if we had the luxury of putting him there. It would be ideal if we could find a #2 corner to slide Roasted Peanut down a slot.

Not sure if anybody else heard this, but Laurence Holmes (who I really like) was on the Score's postgame with Doug and Ed and said that Mike Brown re injured the calf jumping in the air celebrating after the goal line stand in the 1st half that led to the 20 yard FG by Casey. Wow, if that's true....ugh.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
Not sure if anybody else heard this, but Laurence Holmes (who I really like) was on the Score's postgame with Doug and Ed and said that Mike Brown re injured the calf jumping in the air celebrating after the goal line stand in the 1st half that led to the 20 yard FG by Casey.  Wow, if that's true....ugh.

That's the sign of an injury prone and/or dumb player. Adam Archuleta would make a nice choice.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

As my friend said after today:  "Don't get addicted/attatched to a sport team.  Because every time they lose, a little part of you dies."

I had already prepared myself for a loss in the post-season. I thought a lot of things would have to go our way to win it all, so I'm not at all shocked. I think in all the pre game talk I laughed at the notion that people thought we were the dominate team.

We have a lot to work on still, but are right in a period where we should compete for a superbowl starting next year and I have faith in Angelo keeping us competetive and in that period for a good number of years.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Damn I'm so f***ing tired I could easily fall asleep just sitting here.  I was so pumped up I punched multiple holes in the wall today.  I can't remember being to jacked for a game I was out of my mind.  Sweating all game, running around my basement like a God damn fool.

Anger Management Classes....think about taking some :)

Seriously I get pissed, but putting holes threw a wall. I gave up on that late in the Sox season when I punched the wall and broke and must have broken some small bone in my hand cause it was black and blue for a freaking week. It was weird too cause I've calmed down a lot over the years.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
This all started when Gage predicted that Colts win. I had to go and say the Bears would win.

And I'm usually wrong when it comes to the Bears.....

So blame Gage. :D

:lolhitting

Nah, this was inevitable. Our defense got caught up and believed the hype. Its a great defense, but not a legendary defense. It takes legendary defenses to win a superbowl with our offense. I knew we didn't have that, but the way our offense played today we should have won, rather handily too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Anger Management Classes....think about taking some :)

Seriously I get pissed, but putting holes threw a wall.  I gave up on that late in the Sox season when I punched the wall and broke and must have broken some small bone in my hand cause it was black and blue for a freaking week.  It was weird too cause I've calmed down a lot over the years.

Hahaha yeah anger management would be good. No joke.

The wall is trashed so I say...why not f*** it up more.

Just got back home from what's turned out to be a LONG day. First off, words can't express how dissapointed I am at how the Bears played, especially on defense. I could accept losing because of inept offense. But to lose because of a defense that was so pathetic it made me want to literally gag myself makes it hurt so much more. I have no problem with players talking a little trash every now and then. But, if you choose to go that route, YOU BETTER f***IN BACK IT UP! They looked like little pussy b****es out there. Charles Tillman? WTF happened to you? Our pass rush? UM, IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! IT'S NOT A SIN TO ACTUALLY SHOW UP WHEN THE STAKES ARE THE HIGHEST! Whenever we scored, the defense gave it right back up. Pathetic!

Oh, yes, I didn't forget about the offense, either. What in the hell is Rex Grossman doing throwing 41 times? I realize part of it is because we were playing from behind the whole game. But why the hell did we almost abandon the run? Thomas Jones was rackin up some decent yards for the most part. Besides that, I can't be too critcal of the offense. Everybody said the magic number for this team was "21" points. As long as we score "21" points our defense will take care of the rest. Anyway, I'm gonna stop now before I break something.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

I understand why some people are going on why we didnt run the ball more but hey.... we scored 21 points on the 3rd ranked defense and if we werent playing hurry up and trying to rush we prob could of added a fg there at the end since Grossman wouldnt of been rushing and throw that pick.

The offense while different was very effective and did more than enough to win that game.... the blame goes 100% on the defense who couldnt stop the panthers at all not even close.

The only thing our defense did show up for was the 3rd and 1's they knocked the panthers back like 5 yards both times.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
I totally expected their offense to make some adjustments to our D.    Our game plan for our O let us down.

Sorry Los, not agreeing here. What adjustments is the offense supposed to make besides scoring more than 29 points? Carolina was scoring at will, and the Bears didnt have the time to adjust to a better running game. Rex got into a shootout because Tillman fell on the second play of the f***ing game. Then Tillman gave up an interception to someone 3 inches and 20 pounds smaller than him. Then Tillman let Mangum sneak into the corner uncovered for a touchdown.

Dont tell me our offense let us down when they scored 21 points on the 3rd best defense in the league, and were pressing for more in the last two minutes. The defense had two important chances to hold Carolina, after the bears pulled within 2 (16-14) in the third and in the 4th(23-21), and they didnt. What sort of adjustment would you ask for? After Carolina extended the lead to 9 should the bears have run the ball more and eat up more time ? The Bears were on the clock, they needed quick points.

The defense let the Bears down, plain and simple.

Edited by kyyle23

Angelo better not get complacement like in 2001 when he did not upgrade the team. He better make better draft picks and get good FA. We need another WR (that can play right away, so that eliminates draft,) two TEs, a young tackle and guard, a veteran 3rd string QB, LBs, a starting CB and safety depth. 4 of these can be legitamately accomplished in the draft, but the rest in free agency.

I actually blame two people for this loss. Tillman and Rivera. The game plan on defense sucked. #1 focus should have been Smith. Make someone else beat you. Tillman should have known or at least been told...if Smith is opposite you..then he is your #1 f***in priority. Do Not peek in the backfield to help stop the run....you have their top offensive weapon right in front of you. Let everyone else worry about their jobs. Every DB should have known that...and the safeties should have known to keep an extra eye on Smith.

The line couldn't get any pressure because they were keeping everyone back. They were only sending out 2 wr on most plays, but they were still getting it done because we didn't game plan to stop Smith at all costs. If they had beat us because we were focusing on Smith and missed some plays due to that fact, then I'd be fine with it. But to let them do EXACTLY what everyone knew they were gonna f***in do...makes me sick!!!

I personally tag the loss on the defensive scheme.

The offense, while not stellar, got the job done. Rex will be a good QB if he stays healthy....He throws one hell of a pass.