BEARS DEFENSE BLOWS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Vasher did his job.  They were picking on Tillman all day.  Lovie totally f***ed up by allowing Tillman to cover Smith ( I know thats a relative term here ).

THAT'S MY POINT!!!! Where the f*** was Vasher? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON SMITH ALL GAME!!

It sucks to lose in the postseason because of your strength all season.

It was like watching an entire different team today.

Oh well, this team is going to be good for quite awhile and should continue to get better as they gain experience.

Next year should be a fun year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Don't get too harsh on Tillman.  He had a s***ty game, but I don't want to see him gone.

I do. He was always good for getting burnt once a game for a deep ball and today when it counted he was absolutely torched. Whoever said that Tillman is living off those 2 Minny games was spot on. He's TOTALLY overrated.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
I do.  He was always good for getting burnt once a game for a deep ball and today when it counted he was absolutely torched.  Whoever said that Tillman is living off those 2 Minny games was spot on.  He's TOTALLY overrated.

That was me that said those things and I've been saying them for a long time about Tillman. That said he's not near as bad as everyone says he is. He isn't a shut down corner but he's a good to solid #2.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
I do.  He was always good for getting burnt once a game for a deep ball and today when it counted he was absolutely torched.  Whoever said that Tillman is living off those 2 Minny games was spot on.  He's TOTALLY overrated.

Thank you Nuke.

And this defense didn't even look as good as the 2001 in the playoff game when all I've been hearing is the opposite.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
They only had Vasher on Smith for like 2 downs and they paid the f***ing price.

Lovie needs 50 lashes for the horrible decisions he made.

Tillman played like crap today, but the way Steve Smith has been playing this year I'm not sure that anybody can cover them.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
After the ass whoopin' the Colts took today, I'm slightly vinicated by saying what I've been saying all year.  That defense was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated.

Uh...ok?

They still lead the league in points allowed far and away and were the #1 defense in the league every week up till they rested the starters.

Yes they choked in the biggest game but that does not diminish the overall talent and quality of the defense

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
After the ass whoopin' the Colts took today, I'm slightly vinicated by saying what I've been saying all year.  That defense was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated.

And so was the Colts offense.  :lol:

Yeah, you're just now getting even after your Slackhawks predictions.

:D

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Tillman played like crap today, but the way Steve Smith has been playing this year I'm not sure that anybody can cover them.

Steve Smith is a good WR in a great offense for a #1 receiver. Ask Moose how good the offense is for the #1 receiver.

He is not a Randy Moss going off. You just always have to have a man on him that can cover him.

Personally...I am still under the belief that Tillman is a good #2 CB, but he shouldn't be a #1. The problem with the Bears in this case is that both Vasher and Tillman are in that same area. Lovie screwed up today and had too much faith in Tillman, and it smoked the Bears.

As bad as Tillman looked out there, I put most of the blame on the coaching staff here. I'm sorry, but it doesn't take a genious to know that Tillman had no business being put on Smith. What is Tillman's biggest difficiency? His speed. What is Smith's greatest strength? His speed and ability to seperate from the secondary. And if you're gonna put Tillman on Smith, at least have the brains to not put single coverage on him.

In my opinion, this game was clearly decided by our inability to have an answer to Steve Smith. He burned us in the regular season game...he burned us in the first drive of the game. You'd think one of our coaches would have made some kind of adjustment during that period of time.

So obviously, my final verdict on this game is that we got out-coached.