NUKE_CLEVELAND

Whos the toughest of the tough?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whos the toughest of the tough?

• Chuck Norris
    • Clint Eastwood
    • AHHHNOLD
    • John Wayne

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
Are you kidding me?!?!  Al Pacino a tough guy?!  He didn't get into 1 fistfight.  NOT ONE!!!!

Marlon Brando was just a fat b****,  nothing more.

Pacino is so tough no one will take him on. :D

Nathan Lane. Nice.

I know is this a single entry contest, but as a group, the 3 Amigos handled bidness pretty damn well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Mifune Toshiro could take out anybody on the damn list.

Ya know, hard to argue that one. But you also know that the majority of the world just refers to him as Toshiro Mifune and doesn't bother with the flip flop. I am talking about the anal film public that insists on calling Jackie Chan by his full friggin' name also, ie. uber-film geeks.

Also, I always disliked Chuck Norris and found him to be a TERRIBLE Martial Arts film star. I know how great he was in the ring, but his style is terribly boring on screen. But now, with this annoying Chuck-love thing that is happening on the 'net, my dislike of the man and all things he has filmed is growing and growing, and I really didn't thank that was possible. I was quite thrilled that he and his pedestrian "action" films were finally fading away and that people had forgotten about him. But now...here we go again.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
Did Wayne and Bronson mostly use weaponry, or did they fight using just their hands??

Wayne used his fists. He punched rrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallllllll sllllooooowwwww in his movies, and looked a little less awkward than Eastwood does whenever he throws punches.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Wayne used his fists. He punched rrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallllllll sllllooooowwwww in his movies, and looked a little less awkward than Eastwood does whenever he throws punches.

You dont get to be a movie tough guy unless you can throw down with someone. Bronson had some old man strength working for him but I dont think he could hang very long in a fistfight.

IN RESPONSE TO THE "RANDOM FACTS" THAT ARE BEING GENERATED ON THE INTERNET

I'm aware of the made up declarations about me that have recently begun to appear on the Internet and in emails as "Chuck Norris facts." I've seen some of them. Some are funny. Some are pretty far out. Being more a student of the Wild West than the wild world of the Internet, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's quite surprising. I do know that boys will be boys, and I neither take offense nor take these things too seriously. Who knows, maybe these made up one-liners will prompt young people to seek out the real facts as found in my recent autobiographical book, "Against All Odds?" They may even be interested enough to check out my novels set in the Old West, "The Justice Riders," released this month. I'm very proud of these literary efforts.

~ Chuck Norris

If Chuck Norris wrote this ( as opposed to a press person writing it for him ), then he loses all but 2 of his Tough Guy Points and should roundhouse-kick himself in the head repeatedly as penance.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
I just know that even as a kid I thought Eastwood threw punches like a girl. This idea was formed the first time I saw Every Which Way But Loose, and he throws a few punches in that one.

You want to counteract that watch Dirty Harry in Dead Pool. He laid the beatdown on at least 10 mobsters in that one.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
IN RESPONSE TO THE "RANDOM FACTS" THAT ARE BEING GENERATED ON THE INTERNET

I'm aware of the made up declarations about me that have recently begun to appear on the Internet and in emails as "Chuck Norris facts." I've seen some of them. Some are funny. Some are pretty far out. Being more a student of the Wild West than the wild world of the Internet, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's quite surprising. I do know that boys will be boys, and I neither take offense nor take these things too seriously. Who knows, maybe these made up one-liners will prompt young people to seek out the real facts as found in my recent autobiographical book, "Against All Odds?" They may even be interested enough to check out my novels set in the Old West, "The Justice Riders," released this month. I'm very proud of these literary efforts.

~ Chuck Norris

If Chuck Norris wrote this ( as opposed to a press person writing it for him ), then he loses all but 2 of his Tough Guy Points and should roundhouse-kick himself in the head repeatedly as penance.

He has found god not so long ago so...

...One of America's great action stars of film and television is not ashamed that he's returned to the faith of this youth. Early in his life, action star Chuck Norris was reared by a strong Christian woman -- but things changed quickly. "When I got into the film world, I got sucked into the secular aspect of the entertainment field and I really drifted away from my faith," says Norris. "It's amazing -- as successful as I was as an actor, and the money and the fame, there was still something missing." Norris married a Christian woman named Gena and, through her witness, rededicated his life to Jesus Christ eight years ago. The actor says the Holy Spirit has filled the emptiness he had and has given his life new meaning. He is now an advocate for getting the Bible back into the public school curriculum.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Segal was pretty bad ass in his early flicks.    Then it just got tired and unbelievable.  Especially when he put on all the weight and was still throwing people around

Steven Segal is on the same level as Van Damme. That is.......hes a pussy.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
Oh heck, in Martial Arts films give me:

Bruce Lee

Jet Li

Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Brandon Lee (watch Rapid Fire, he learned a TON from dad and Dan Innosanto)

Jackie Chan

Sonny Chiba

Pretty much in that order also.

You want to talk Kung Fu movies give me any of those low-budget flicks from the 70's. Everything from the dubbed in English to the funky disco music & overdone sound effects made em more funny and entertaining than anything.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)
They're both real life pussy's so they should definitely not qualify for this list.

Segal is a fat ass yes. Pussy? Probally not. He is a very respected aikido master.

Van damme is a former european professional karate association middleweight champion.

Van damme... very, very good martial artist to go along with...

Fighting as a middleweight he captured a version of the European Middleweight Kickboxing Championship in 1980 with a first round knockout which was recorded in less than a minute. His career however, lasted only a few years as his interest lay in a film career. Jean-Claude's record was 12-1 with 12 knockouts

And of course... he was a former sparring partner of chuck norris in the early 1980's.

I have seen so many people say jet li and bruce lee, arguably the greatest martial artist to ever live are pussy/ would get killed by the moderen day ucf guys. Bruce lee didn't compete in tournaments because they were afraid he would kill people on accident. Bruce lee never beat anybody becauseof fact that he was banned from the martial arts tournaments because of his conflicting style of fighting. I don't care that he was 5'5...135 he would still be able to take randy couture or chuck liddell and anyone that thinks otherwise knows very little about him imo.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 04:38 AM)
Segal is a fat ass yes. Pussy? Probally not. He is a very respected aikido master.

Van damme is a former european professional karate association middleweight champion.

Van damme... very, very good martial artist to go along with...

And of course... he was a former sparring partner of chuck norris in the early 1980's.

I have seen so many people say jet li and bruce lee, arguably the greatest martial artist to ever live are pussy/ would get killed by the moderen day ucf guys. Bruce lee didn't compete in tournaments because they were afraid he would kill people on accident. Bruce lee never beat anybody becauseof fact that he was banned from the martial arts tournaments because of his conflicting style of fighting. I don't care that he was 5'5...135 he would still be able to take randy couture or chuck liddell and anyone that thinks otherwise knows very little about him imo.

Van Damme just got his ass kicked by his body guard not to along ago and I know he's not exactly the bravest guy either. He might have been tough back in the day but he got all f***ed up on drugs and is just not the same. As far as Segal he's had his problems protection himself as well lately.

Aikido doesn't require the user to be in perfect physical condition. It helps, but I still would NEVER want to mess with Stevie boy.

Van Damme is not quite a "pussy". He's won many, many competitions. Most of your Martial Arts stars got there by fighting in the ring. Jackie Chan is an exception, and he has always said his training was mostly in the acrobatics of the Peking Opera School he grew up in. Bruce, Jet (both Benny and Jet Li), Van Damme, Seagal, are all respected Martial Artists who were known in the Martial Arts world long before they shot one frame of film.