Bears 2006 Wish List

It seems like everyone is focusing on the offense, but I'm not entirely happy with this defense yet either. We have a lot of good players but few elite ones. Plus our schedule will get a bit harder next year playing a first-place out of division schedule. I'm not so sure the defense can hold up quite as well when we have to play more top-level offenses. Our focus should be on O-line depth, WR's, and TE's, but we should also consider getting another corner, a safety, or an OLB (I'm not sold on our LB's outside of Urlacher and Briggs), even if it's in the first round. I think we've got room for improvement at all of those spots. If someone like Michael Huff or Chad Greenway slips (I know both seem unlikely, but strange things happen on occasion), we shouldn't just let them go because we have more pressing needs on offense. I'd like to see one of the TE's or Holmes as our first rounder, but unless it's a D-lineman or a runningback, I don't want to see us pass on a higher rated player just because our other positions need more help.

Hillenmeyer is a good fit for us.. hes a liability in coverage but thats why theres a nickel package. I'd like some depth at OLB however, so if Ernie Sims slips in round 2 (he wont.. but stranger things have happened) I'd drool.

We need a NB and Nosetackle on Defense. If we get those 2 we improve enough to keep up with the league and we stay top 3.

Thomas Jones is a marquee RB who nobody talks about, were set at RB. Jason McKie is a fine FB, I like having him. We just need a TE and some WRs to cover up how bad our QBs are.

Give me ARE, Reg Wayne and draft a top 3 TE and I'm already really loving the offseason.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
No we dont.  Chris Harris is the best DB on our team, and thats saying a lot.  Tillman is a more complete CB than Vasher and Mike Brown is a goddamn Pro Bowler.

Chris Harris=Rookie

Tillman=slow, average corner

Vasher=pro bowler as well, but not as complete as Tillman?

Brown=injury prone, 2 seasons truncated because of injury

Sounds like a little help would be warranted.

Oh, and our defense doesnt use a NT, so why would we draft one?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
You are now crossing the Michigan Man-Love line.  WSJ will now fiercely make up bulls*** and call it fact to prove that the guy he has been cheering for since 2001 is good enough to make it in the NFL.  Prepare yourself.

Sad thing is, you can tell he has just become a fan of the team. Talking about U of M wideouts without mentioning some of their best ones, and saying Desmond Howard instead pretty much sums up his argument.

LOL, i was wondering why he didnt mention Tim Brown. But when you have the honorable Desmond Howard and Braylon Edwards at your arguments disposal, you just have to use them.

It would be fun to have a game where he says the name of a Michigan player who succeeded and we respond with the name of a player who succeeded in being a bust.

LOL, I will start, Tim(Tshiminga!) Biakabatuka.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
LOL, i was wondering why he didnt mention Tim Brown.  But when you have the honorable Desmond Howard and Braylon Edwards at your arguments disposal, you just have to use them.

It would be fun to have a game where he says the name of a Michigan player who succeeded and we respond with the name of a player who succeeded in being a bust.

LOL, I will start, Tim(Tshiminga!) Biakabatuka.

Tim Brown went to Notre Dame.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Sad thing is, you can tell he has just become a fan of the team.  Talking about U of M wideouts without mentioning some of their best ones, and saying Desmond Howard instead pretty much sums up his argument.

Howard probably wasn't the best example because he was more of a Return man however Braylon probably would be ROY if he hadn't gotten hurt.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Howard probably wasn't the best example because he was more of a Return man however Braylon probably would be ROY if he hadn't gotten hurt.

So...basically you didnt have any examples of picks not being busts? And to project Edwards as ROTY is a pretty big stretch, almost as big as Mike Hart as a Heisman Candidate.

Edwards had 512 yards and 3 td's after 10 games. He never won the Rookie of the week honors. Caddilac Williams finished with 1178 rushing yards 6 td's 3 rookie of the week honors in 14 games. Still think edwards would have won?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)

LMAO. Right. And Orton is Marino.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
I'll wait for Josh's post before I list his favorite schools receivers.

I just looked at a list. Those two he listed WERE probably the best examples. Amani Toomer, Tai Streets, David Terrell, Anthony Carter? Not much to choose from

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
I just looked at a list.  Those two he listed WERE probably the best examples.  Amani Toomer, Tai Streets, David Terrell, Anthony Carter?  Not much to choose from

Anthony Carter, Desmond Howard, Amani Toomer, David Terrell, Derrick Alexander, Tai Streets, Braylon Edwards, Jim Smith, Marquise Walker, Craig McMurtry, Glen Doughty and Chris Calloway is a better list.

Heres how to make an argument Josh. When someone questions the quality of players from your school. You dont list a career return man and a rookie as successful players. You list Amani Toomer who was drafted in the 2nd round and has the same amount of years in the NFL as Howard (10) and has almost 8000 yards receiving and 44 td's. That would be a good example. s*** Tai streets has been in the NFL half the time Howard was and already has eclipsed his numbers.

Thats the lesson for today.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Back to the topic, I see two guys that we can draft in the first round that would have a positive impact on the Bears: Pope the TE from UGA and Bing the DB from USC. Would anyone be mad with either pick?

I also wouldn't mind someone like Tye Hill from Clemson

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
LMAO.  Right.  And Orton is Marino.

No no no, you're getting it all mixed up. Orton is more of a Moreno not Marino.

EDIT: And I agree with Greasy, Reggie Wayne is a pipe-dream for the Bears.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 06:34 AM)

Weren't you arguing about Williams being the ROY a while back instead of Ronnie Brown? :bang

• 2 weeks later...

A speed WR

An emergancy QB (hopefully we get Randle-El to fill both these viods)

A tight end

Lot of secondary. We're aging, we've had guys injured, and we need depth.

Hopefully we can address these needs in the draft, and get Randle-El.

We should not draft a WR or a QB. We've drafted 3 QB's the last 3 years (Grossman, Krenzal, Orton) and 5 WR's the last 3 years (Wade, Gage, Berrian, Bradley, and Currie)