Sox Showed Interest in Prior

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
i would prefer to keep cotts and whomever else would have been blocked off for prior. i think hes extremely overrated, and hes never pitched in he american league before.  :snow

I wouldn't be pleased giving up Cotts, but Prior has good control, a power fastball and a hard snapping breaking pitch. He's not overrated in the slightest, it's simply that the Cubs can't handle a goddamn thing on their plate.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was already brought up, I am sorry. But the CBSSportline Rumor Mill had this tidbit:

"The Boston Globe reported that the White Sox were in on the Miguel Tejada talks with Baltimore. If the Cubs would have traded Mark Prior to the Orioles, the White Sox would have been interested in making a deal with the Orioles for Prior."

That would have been hilarious. Cubs fans would have been pissed off.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
haha it'd be funny see Prior becoming the most dominant pitcher if he was on the White Sox and the Cubs would be even more sorrier. I know that's not going to happen but it's fun to think about.

If he could stay away from the freak injury and get actually get taken care of by his manager, I could see Prior being the best pitcher on the Sox. I think pure stuffwise, the only guy that has an arm potentially as good as Priors is Contreras and he is like 10 years older than Prior.

White Sox Never Pursued Prior

I spoke to my White Sox source today, and he was able to offer up a little bit of information.

Remember this tantalizing tidbit from Gordon Edes's January 15th article for the Boston Globe?

"Would you believe that the White Sox were hovering on the fringes of the Tejada trade talks, not because of any interest in Tejada but in the hopes that if the Orioles peddled him to the Chicago Cubs for ace Mark Prior, they would have been willing to flip Prior to the crosstown White Sox in a package?"

Not so, according to my source. The White Sox never had designs to acquire Prior, but they truly did make various offers for Miguel Tejada.

He also told me that there hasn't been any hot stove buzz lately involving a Jose Contreras trade, contrary to published reports.

THIS IS FROM MLBTRADERUMORS.COM