Tell me about your first

Middle Buffalo

First was a Monkees Greatest Hits double album. It had to be about 1974 or 1975.

Next up was a Chicago tape. I was from Chicago...so...well...I thought I had to have it.

From there I got Chicago IX The Greatest Hits 1969-1974 and Foriegner Double Vision for Christmas one year.

Then I was onto Ted Nugent Cat Scratch Fever and Aerosmith's Greatest Hits.

Then I was off to the races and it all becomes a blur. But at sometime I got K-Tel's The Rock Album! How many of us here had this one? I have found it was possibly the most owned record ever printed, as it seems EVERYBODY in the 70's had it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
First was a Monkees Greatest Hits double album. It had to be about 1974 or 1975.

Next up was a Chicago tape. I was from Chicago...so...well...I thought I had to have it.

From there I got Chicago IX The Greatest Hits 1969-1974 and Foriegner Double Vision for Christmas one year.

Then I was onto Ted Nugent Cat Scratch Fever and Aerosmith's Greatest Hits.

Then I was off to the races and it all becomes a blur. But at sometime I got K-Tel's The Rock Album! How many of us here had this one? I have found it was possibly the most owned record ever printed, as it seems EVERYBODY in the 70's had it.

I had all that vinyl, plus Fleetwood Mac Rumours, Hotel California, . . .

I got Rumours years later during my Stevie Nicks infatuation period. Actually, that was a looooong stretch of time for me, but I bought the album during that period.

I never owned Hotel California though, due to my extreme hatred of them. I'm O.K. with some solo Walsh, such as The Confessor (the song, the album as a whole is boring), but The Eagles...eeesh...most overrated band in the history of music.

'Fess up, all you forty-somethings. You all had Frampton Comes Alive, admit it.

My first album purchase was the soundtrack to Tommy. Why, you ask, when you could have had the actual album by The Who?

I was a stupid 10 year old, that's why. I like to think my taste in music has gotten better, but it's probably only gotten different.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
'Fess up, all you forty-somethings.  You all had Frampton Comes Alive, admit it.

My first album purchase was the soundtrack to Tommy.  Why, you ask, when you could have had the actual album by The Who? 

I was a stupid 10 year old, that's why.  I like to think my taste in music has gotten better, but it's probably only gotten different.

Nope. Never had Frampton Comes Alive. I HATED Peter Frampton, in fact.

At that point, it was all Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Boston, Rush and Earth, Wind & Fire ( :ph34r: ?? ) for me.

Then came 1977, and with it the discovery of the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Boys, Stranglers, et al.

And everything changed for this young lad.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Nope. Never had Frampton Comes Alive. I HATED Peter Frampton, in fact.

At that point, it was all Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Boston, Rush and Earth, Wind & Fire ( :ph34r: ?? ) for me.

Then came 1977, and with it the discovery of the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Boys, Stranglers, et al.

And everything changed for this young lad.

You hated Frampton because you still have never heard Humble Pie. You will turn to liking him at one point in his life.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
You hated Frampton because you still have never heard Humble Pie. You will turn to liking him at one point in his life.

I think that ship has sailed, my friend.

There are so many bands I've yet to hear that Frampton and Frampton-related music is very very low on the list.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
'Fess up, all you forty-somethings.  You all had Frampton Comes Alive, admit it.

My first album purchase was the soundtrack to Tommy.  Why, you ask, when you could have had the actual album by The Who? 

I was a stupid 10 year old, that's why.  I like to think my taste in music has gotten better, but it's probably only gotten different.

I never owned Frampton Comes Alive. There was no need as every one I knew had a copy.