Tell me about your first

Middle Buffalo

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
It was either Pearl Jam's Vs., Soundgarden's "Superunknown", or Stone Temple Pilot's "Purple".  I honestly don't remember which was first.

:headbang

I get the feeling that we're around the same age. I know that Vs. was the first album I ever purchased, and I'm pretty sure that I bought Superunknown shortly after. I still think that Vs. is the PJ's best.

Edited by KevHead0881

My first CD's were:

Howard Jones - "Dream Into Action" and Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife"

Have no clue what my first album was. Probably Sugar Hill Gang "Rapper's Delight" or something like that. Let's not forget Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five either!

I did the whole 70's Classic Rock thing (many of the ones you guys have mentioned) and then moved into the Heavy Metal/Hair Band era with bands like Dokken, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, etc.

Then I hopped right into the 80's and Bryan Adams. My musical tastes were kind like Nuke Laloosh _ _ cks and pitches...... all over the place.

Boston, Van Halen, U2 and Mellencamp were always some of my favorite bands.

Edited by Rex Hudler

My first LP's were bought as a group of 4 in 1972........

Deep Purple-Machine Head

Alice Cooper-School's Out (How many of you OG's remember the first issue of the album that had the blue paper panties slipped around the record inside the album cover that opened into a school desk?)

Led Zeppelin- Vol. IV (ZOSO)

Black Sabbath- Vol. IV

The rest is history, i still have over 300 pieces of hard rock vinyl from the last 33 years. Yes, even Frampton Comes Alive.......... :lol:

:gosox1:

:cheers

QUOTE(SoCalSouthSider59 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
My first LP's were bought as a group of 4 in 1972........

Deep Purple-Machine Head

Alice Cooper-School's Out (How many of you OG's remember the first issue of the album that had the blue paper panties slipped around the record inside the album cover that opened into a school desk?)

Led Zeppelin- Vol. IV (ZOSO)

Black Sabbath- Vol. IV

The rest is history, i still have over 300 pieces of hard rock vinyl from the last 33 years. Yes, even Frampton Comes Alive.......... :lol: 

I had each and every one of those albums. And yes, I remember the panties now that you mention it.

Guns N’ Roses Use Your Illusion II.

I remember buying that CD for the sole purpose that I heard You Could Be Mine in Terminator 2. I was so hooked to that film (and the song) that I went to Circuit City and used my allowance money to buy that CD.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Guns N’ Roses Use Your Illusion II.

I remember buying that CD for the sole purpose that I heard You Could Be Mine in Terminator 2. I was so hooked to that film (and the song) that I went to Circuit City and used my allowance money to buy that CD.

Anybody else seeing some of these answers and realizing how damn old you are??? :huh:

Edited by Kid Gleason

ok this is a thread that i REALLY shouldnt respond to... because well... my answer will speak for itself.

the backstreet boys first album was the first one i ever bought myself...

i wish i could put that in green...

:ph34r:

Anybody else seeing some of these answers and realizing how damn old you are???

Don't i know it! :lol:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 07:18 AM)
I had each and every one of those albums.  And yes, I remember the panties now that you mention it.

Ahhhh, a true afficionado of good ole hard rock you are.......... :D

My first CD purchase in 1985-ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, the original album version, analogged to CD.......

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
ok this is a thread that i REALLY shouldnt respond to... because well... my answer will speak for itself.

Heh, I could have sworn you're a guy. Welp, chalk that up for what I learned new today.

:D

QUOTE(SoCalSouthSider59 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Don't i know it!  :lol:

Ahhhh, a true afficionado of good ole hard rock you are.......... :D

My first CD purchase in 1985-ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, the original album version, analogged to CD.......

My 1st CD purchase ... Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)

Next time, say it was the new "Nirvana" album. Honestly, sometimes it's ok to lie.