TV In Your Bedroom?

Texsox

Do you have a TV in your bedroom?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
No hi def in the bedroom just yet, but I do have a TV in there.  I have a 42-inch plasma in my office so I usually wind down the evening online and watching TV before going to bed.  But I still have to have a TV on to fall asleep.  Good thing for a sleep timer!

I have total overkill on TV's.  I have 5 TV's and live by myself, including two 42" plasmas and a 48" widescreen rear projection.  Hi def boxes alone make my cable bill sky high every month!

Rex can you adopt me? Man that is a lot of TVs. I have one in my room. Like a lot of the responses here, I need it to sleep. If I didn't have it, I would over-analyze every sound I hear and would never fall asleep. I love going to sleep with Sportscenter in the background every night or the occasional Hawk and D.J. call during some west coast trips.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I refuse to put a TV in my bedroom. The wife doesn't like that fact, but I just feel the bedroom should be a place to get away from it all, and TV is not getting away from it all. Not to mention, if I fall asleep with the TV on I have a bad tendency of incorporating whatever is on into my dream. If we ever choose to watch a DVD before bed I've got my computer back there to watch movies. For bedtime noise we have the ceiling fan on high.

Yes, a very small piece of crap, without cable or a DVD player to go with it. It never really gets watched. Even the remote for it is broken. I turn it on just before we go to sleep, turn the volume down very low and leave it on all night. As soon as I get out of bed in the morning, I turn it off.

I have a 32 inch Memorex TV in my bedroom hooked up to my cable box, PS2, and VHS player. When off of school I go to my local video store, rent a crap load of movies, and watch them in my bedroom. Without my own TV, who knows how I’d react.

Yeah I have a tv in my bedroom. I'm glad my wife didn't have a problem with that when we got married. She thought it was a little big for a bedroom and I was like...honey there is no such thing as "too big" in the bedroom if there was, you wouldn't have married me...hahaha... :D Needless to say, we still have the tv in there.

60" in basement

60" in living room

35" Bedroom

19" second bedroom

If I couldn't see the one in the lving room from the kitchen, I'd have one in there.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 04:03 AM)
Sweet Jesus that's a lot of tvs

Home Photos

There are two of them. I have the same exact plasma upstairs in my office/computer room with surround sound speakers built into the ceiling/wall.

I have a pretty cool setup. The plasma and speakers in the living room have all the wires running through the wall into a closet behind it. I have shelves built in the closet to hold my Cable box/DVR, Surround Sound Receiver, 400-DVD changer, PlayStation and VCR. All are programmed into an RF Home Theater Remote that works through walls, so no components are showing. Even have the living room lighting on a dimmer programmed into the remote.

I use wireless controllers for the PlayStation so I don't have to do anything other than turn it on (haven't figured out how to get the power to it programmed yet).

The 48" projection TV basically gathers dust unless I want to have something on TV while I am playing PlayStation on the plasma or I have friends over and multiple games are on. It was perfect for Jan 2 Bowl Games!! One of these days, I'll probably have to figure out what to do with it, but I am NOT moving it upstairs to the bedroom.

See how I came full circle and brought this back to the thread discussion. ;-)