Declared Underclassmen

Reginald didnt look overly impressive v. Texas. Saying hes a bust isnt going out on much of limb in my s***ty opinion.

Omar Jacobs is f***ing horse poo, all I hear is about his great college stats playing teams our HS QB could probably put up. He throws like a woman.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know just wanted to hear if you had an opinion.

I like to hear what other people think, I think Bush looks like a smaller S. Alexander. His speed did not seem Deon fast or even Vick fast.

Bennet a track star ran a 4.31, Landanian 4.41, and Vick at 4.36 all seem faster.

Its just hard to judge prior to the combine.

I like to hear what other people think, I think Bush looks like a smaller S. Alexander. His speed did not seem Deon fast or even Vick fast.

Bennet a track star ran a 4.31, Landanian 4.41, and Vick at 4.36 all seem faster.

4.36 is incredibly fast, and judging by 2 games I've really watched, theres a 54 on the Bears who is just as fast as he is.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)

IMO Lendale and Bush are both gonna be studs. Can't really go wrong with either. Two totally different backs that will be difficult to compare. I personally would take Bush first but that is not a knock on Lendale.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
just curious... why Bush?

Once in a lifetime talent, ridiculous player maker, explosive as hell. As mentioned blazing speed. Maybe it's more my style or something seeing as how Lendale and Reggie are complete opposites. Reggie is also a superior pass catcher. Oh and he's an awesome returner if a team wants to use him in that role too.

Edited by WHarris1

Once in a lifetime talent, ridiculous player maker, explosive as hell.  As mentioned blazing speed.  Maybe it's more my style or something seeing as how Lendale and Reggie are complete opposites.  Reggie is also a superior pass catcher.  Oh and he's an awesome returner if a team wants to use him in that role too.

Actually, if you ask me, a player like LenDale White is even more rare than Reggie Bush (watch Ryan Moats last year). The kid wieghs 235+ and moves like he wieghs 215. He doesnt have that change of direction or big play ability like Bush, but he'll basically take a drive and put it on his shoulders.

By the way.. where is USC getting these RBs from? Chauncey Washington (if he can try and not fail out of USC) is going to be a beast next year.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Actually, if you ask me, a player like LenDale White is even more rare than Reggie Bush (watch Ryan Moats last year).  The kid wieghs 235+ and moves like he wieghs 215.  He doesnt have that change of direction or big play ability like Bush, but he'll basically take a drive and put it on his shoulders.

I dont think you can really judge between Reggie Bush and Lendale White who is going to be the better player until you see what team drafts each player.

Right now I would give the edge to Reggie Bush, remember last year everyone was wondering the same thought between Ronnie Brown and Cadillac, speedster vs power, who excels more, I cant quite remember who everyone liked but this is similar and cadillac did a really nice job in TB. Ronnie Brown did alright he didnt exactly go to the greatest team and his QB didnt exactly help.

Bush just seems like a more versatile player, he can take kick returns, running back, and can catch the ball out of the backfield, sort of like a prototype of Brian Westbrook, I like lendale but I feel hed be better off waiting a year, just to show people what he can do when hes not backing up Reggie, but he does have the power with some speed.

I dont think you can really judge between Reggie Bush and Lendale White who is going to be the better player until you see what team drafts each player. 

Right now I would give the edge to Reggie Bush, remember last year everyone was wondering the same thought between Ronnie Brown and Cadillac, speedster vs power, who excels more, I cant quite remember who everyone liked but this is similar and cadillac did a really nice job in TB.  Ronnie Brown did alright he didnt exactly go to the greatest team and his QB didnt exactly help.

Bush just seems like a more versatile player,  he can take kick returns, running back, and can catch the ball out of the backfield, sort of like a prototype of Brian Westbrook, I like lendale but I feel hed be better off waiting a year, just to show people what he can do when hes not backing up Reggie, but he does have the power with some speed.

FYI, Ronnie Brown had a very good year, and he was splitting carries at some points in the season.

He had at least 1200 Ru. Yards this past regular season and his offense was actually ranked 14th. Miami is not as bad as they appear.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
FYI, Ronnie Brown had a very good year, and he was splitting carries at some points in the season.

He had at least 1200 Ru. Yards this past regular season and his offense was actually ranked 14th.  Miami is not as bad as they appear.

Even though Caddy got more attention and prob deservedly so... from when I watched Ronnie Brown I think he impressed me much more than Caddilac ever did.... Now hopefully we get to see more of Brown/Benson next season and see who really is the best one.

Even though Caddy got more attention and prob deservedly so... from when I watched Ronnie Brown I think he impressed me much more than Caddilac ever did.... Now hopefully we get to see more of Brown/Benson next season and see who really is the best one.

Cadillac got more pub on that one run where he broke like 8 tackels on one play in week 1/2 than Ronnie got the whole season

Ronnie had a nice first season, with 907 rushing yards, but a 4.4 ypc. Cadillac had a good rookie campaign with 1178 yards and a 4.1 ypc. Both are going to be very solid backs in the league, but I still love Cadillac for his shiftyness and charisma.

As for Bush vs. White, both will have very productive pro careers. I also liken White to Larry Johnson, with power, but also an unbelievable willpower for the endzone. I think White will be the better RB, but Bush will be the better player. I believe Bush will split time at RB and WR, and will get 200 carries, and 55 catches for around 1,500 total yards. I can see Lendale getting 300 carries on the right team with 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

Ronnie had a nice first season, with 907 rushing yards, but a 4.4 ypc. Cadillac had a good rookie campaign with 1178 yards and a 4.1 ypc. Both are going to be very solid backs in the league, but I still love Cadillac for his shiftyness and charisma.

As for Bush vs. White, both will have very productive pro careers. I also liken White to Larry Johnson, with power, but also an unbelievable willpower for the endzone. I think White will be the better RB, but Bush will be the better player. I believe Bush will split time at RB and WR, and will get 200 carries, and 55 catches for around 1,500 total yards. I can see Lendale getting 300 carries on the right team with 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

If you compare LenDale White to Larry Johnson, you'll have to realise LJ put up those stats in like 8 games.

200 carries over 16 games isnt goign to happen for Bush. He's going to have to a back like White on his team who will take over when he is inneffective.

Teams average about 500 rushing attempts a year. With Davis the bigger and more experienced back, he will likely end up with 250-280 carries. But they will also want to get the ball to Bush as much as possible, so he will get alot of touches in the backfield as well, just not quite the load of Davis. Bush at 205 pounds, likely can't handle a full-worload out of the backfield for a team his rookie year. If he bulks up 10-15 pounds over the next few years, I could see him becoming an elite back like LT. One thing is for sure, Houston HAS to run the ball more often and more effective next year to save Carr and the putrid defense.

There are fewer question marks with White because he is more of a pro-style runner, but he's also probably not going to be an elite back. He's not exactly a blazing fast runner and will probably have trouble getting around the corner in the NFL. The Larry Johnson comparison isn't really accurate because Johnson is also a fairly fast runner.

I don't see Bush being a total bust, although it could be hard to live up to the hype. He's not the first back out there that doesn't weigh 225 pounds. Marshall Faulk was a highly productive back for years and played at or around 210 pounds. Tiki Barber is one of the better backs in the league and he's listed at 5'10" 200. Clinton Portis has typically played at around 210. Warrick Dunn is listed at 180 for christ's sake. Payton and Sanders are two of the best running backs of all time and neither one weighed any more than Bush.

He has an incredibly high ceiling. There simply aren't any backs in the league right now with his combination of talents. The best comparison in recent history is probably Faulk. He has elite speed and agility and also is a solid receiver. Plus there's a distinct possibility he winds up playing at around 210 without affecting his speed. He's quite simply the best pure runner to enter the league since Barry Sanders.

That said, the Texans need a lot more help than just Bush. They really should try to trade Davis for another pick somewhere and let Bush and Morency take the RB load. Their offensive line and their defense need some major help. They might also want to trade down, but they don't seem to keen on that. I don't think they want to be the team that passed on the next Gale Sayers, even if there are some concerns.

Johnson checked in with a 4.43 at the combine, but only weighed 222 pounds at the time. Lendale has been listed as 6'1 225 pounds, and has been clocked at 4.43, so it will be interesting to see how he performs at the combine if he has gained 10 pounds like Johnson has.

As for Reggie Bush, he's a little different then Barry Sanders, Barry packed 200 pounds on a 5'8 frame, which is much different than Reggie's 6'0 frame. Clinton Portis is an inch shorter than Reggie and weighs 12 more pounds. Tiki is two inches shorter than Reggie, but weighs the same.

Getting 350 carries for a guy of Tiki's size takes a major toll on their body, this was the first time he's gone over 322 carries, but take a look at this quote from a few days ago, at only 30 years old.

"Q: Do you feel your own biological clock ticking?

Barber: “All the time. It’s every year. Can I do it again? Can I prepare the same way again? Can I have the right fortune and luck to have the seasons I’ve had the last couple of years? I don’t know. You never know. It’s the strange thing about this game. You don’t really decide when you’re done. It kind of decides for you. And I fear that.”

"

As for Walter Payton, he was just a freak, Jerome Bettis inside a 5'10 200 pound body. One of the biggest things Reggie has going for him however, is the fact he can make people miss, but is also quick enough ala Barry Sanders to move his body right before contact to not take the brunt of the hit. That would lead me to believe he can have a long and durable career, even at 200-210 pounds.

Alright, well my mind still wont change on Ronnie Brown, personally i just didnt like him, and since ricky williams did a nice job towards the end of the season I see them splitting some carries next year. Cadillac took alot of the load and the bucs really turned out to be a better team with him, and they really dont have the greatest qbs also.

Now Bush going to the Texans, if he were drafted by them, the Texans second pick should be an offensive linemen or get one through FA, because nobody could survive running the ball behind the Texans o line, I really hope he doesnt go there though. Its nice for Reggie because hed most likely start and also Davis could take some of the load off his shoulders. It would be a similar situation there and he would be the go to guy since their receivers didnt show up to play last year, I dont recall andre johnson or bradford posting high numbers at all.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
and they really dont have the greatest qbs also.

Do you expect Gus Freotte if he's the starter to post better numbers next season then Chris Simms with Scott Linehan heading to St. Louis?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
Do you expect Gus Freotte if he's the starter to post better numbers next season then Chris Simms with Scott Linehan heading to St. Louis?

I think with the receivers he has he could post better numbers, Id rather have Booker Chambers and McMichael as my receivers than Galloway and clayton, I really dont see Galloway having the same performance, first frerotte has to start, but this is based solely upon what the Dolphins do with their draft pick, I really think they should take Cutler.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
I think with the receivers he has he could post better numbers, Id rather have Booker Chambers and McMichael as my receivers than Galloway and clayton, I really dont see Galloway having the same performance, first frerotte has to start, but this is based solely upon what the Dolphins do with their draft pick, I really think they should take Cutler.

Galloway's pretty much the perfect fit in Gruden's offense. And I'd expect Clayton to bounce back and his stats will reflect his rookie numbers a lot more then this season.

Linehan implemented a good vertical passing attack in Miami, and Chambers was the main beneficiary. It'll be interesting to see who they get to replace him, but right now I wouldn't think Chambers wouldn't put up the same numbers as he did this season.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
because nobody could survive running the ball behind the Texans o line

2003-04 - 14 games, 1031 yards on 238 carries(4.3 per carry), 8 TDs

2004-05 - 15 games, 1188 yards on 302 carries(3.9 per carry), 13 TDs

2005-06 - 11 games, 976 yards on 230 carries(4.2 per carry), 2 TDs

Those are the numbers of Domanick Davis. I don't think he believes you.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 02:51 AM)
2003-04 - 14 games, 1031 yards on 238 carries(4.3 per carry), 8 TDs

2004-05 - 15 games, 1188 yards on 302 carries(3.9 per carry), 13 TDs

2005-06 - 11 games, 976 yards on 230 carries(4.2 per carry), 2 TDs

Those are the numbers of Domanick Davis.  I don't think he believes you.

Touche

Well they did lose Victor Riley who was one of the starting tackles. I wouldnt say just because he had roughly a 4 yd per carry avg given the listed stats that his line is that good.

A bit off topic but look at Carr:

2003-04 sacked 15 times

04-05 sacked 49

05-06 sacked 68

Thats mostly what I based my idea off of, and Davis didnt even get a thousand yards. He did have some decent stats, personally if he had such a good rush avg then why two tds?

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Thats mostly what I based my idea off of, and Davis didnt even get a thousand yards.  He did have some decent stats, personally if he had such a good rush avg then why two tds?

He didn't get 1000 yards because he only played 11 games. And I'd say he only had 2 red zone TD's, because the Texans are just hopeless down in the red zone in quite a few aspects, such as coaching (Capers and Palmer getting fired), and the Texans not being able to protect Carr, so defenses can just concentrate on stopping Davis on the first and second down.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
Touche

Well they did lose Victor Riley who was one of the starting tackles. I wouldnt say just because he had roughly a 4 yd per carry avg given the listed stats that his line is that good.

A bit off topic but look at Carr:

2003-04 sacked 15 times

04-05 sacked 49

05-06 sacked 68

Thats mostly what I based my idea off of, and Davis didnt even get a thousand yards.  He did have some decent stats, personally if he had such a good rush avg then why two tds?

He had a very good line. I'll take a 4.2 yards per carry out of my back any day. That's very solid. It is quite clear he was on pace for 1000 yards...he rushed for only 976 due to being limited to 11 games. That's probably Davis' major concern is his health, as he appears a bit injury prone.

I would venture to guess Davis didn't score nearly as much this year due to several factors...probably a little afraid to use him around the goalline with the bruisers in, due to his injuries, thus preferring to use Jonathan Wells instead near the goalline. Wells' 4 TDs were perhaps also a cause of the Texans moving to the now-a-days strategy that you referred to in an earlier post, using a bigger back near the goalline instead of the smaller back. I would also say it is just flat out due to poor redzone offense by the Texans...assuming I'm not overlooking anything, and I would almost find it hard that I'm not, Shaun Alexander scored more touchdowns this year(28) than the entire Houston Texans team combined(26). I think that kind of points a few signs to poor redzone offense too. That would also make it hard for Davis to score.

Also...Carr's sack totals point more towards the direction of poor pass protection/poor pocket prescence by Carr and not as much at the OLine being bad at opening holes for the running attack.