American Idol

mreye

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
My favorite was when Simon told that guy to get rid of his facial hair and become a woman

There are many a male contestant on this show that he could say the same thing about.

They usually are the guys who bring grandma in with them for the audition.

I'm thrilled that they let Crazy Dave through!!! I think Randy and Paula are both secretly admitting that the show is turning into a complete joke. Not that it never was, but now it's time to let the ridiculous rule!!! I will start voting, and it will all be for Crazy Dave!

I also find it kind of cool that a guy from Crystal Lake is going. It's where I grew up and still work. I love that damn town. Rock on Crystal Lake! Plus, the guy is a Rat Pack kind of guy, and I love that crap!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
I just turned it on and what $%#^ is this???  This dude is the most feminine man ever.

Girl shirt, girl belt, girl haircut, undoubtedly makeup, femmy voice, dances like a girl, talks like a girl, and then does Whitney Houston "Queen of the Night."

I am starting to wonder if this show is real or if it is setup...that was just f***ed up. I mean, I understand a person's rights to everything they have rights to...but how can that person live with themselves day in and day out? I mean, he breaks down when they make fun of him, yet he walks into men's bathrooms day in, day out and is verbally tormented and just blows it off?

I don't know.

Certain aspects ARE set-ups. Remember, everybody has to go through a set of judges before they ever get to the Simon/Paula/Randy stage. So even the most terrible ones you see have passed a part of the test. So obviously some of these people have been "set-up" for the humiliation aspect of the show. Once you realize that, you can completely understand how some of them become somewhat disillusioned, and then become crushed when Simon unleashes on them. SOMEBODY other than their family has given them "false hope".

I didnt watch last night or tonight but Fox News just did a special on that orange chick with all the makeup or whatever and they said the producers set her up and told her to put more make up on or some s***. Anybody else catch that?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
I didnt watch last night or tonight but Fox News just did a special on that orange chick with all the makeup or whatever and they said the producers set her up and told her to put more make up on or some s***. Anybody else catch that?

Put on more makeup? Did they ask her mom to do the same?? That girl came into the deal wearing that crap.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Put on more makeup?  Did they ask her mom to do the same??  That girl came into the deal wearing that crap.

Yes. This is what was reported. They told her to put on more makeup and act ditzy for the camera and they said they would make it. Then the chick said that American Idol edited more stuff (reactions from the judges) into her piece on the show how horrible she was.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
I saw it. She didn't seem anywhere near as dumb on the news as she seemed on American Idol, and she was wearing quite a bit less make-up. She still had a decent amount of make-up on, but it looked O.K. and she was much better looking.

I dont think it matters if they made her look bad with more makeup or not. She was awful. She tried to hit the same note about 6 times in a row and couldnt do it. I understand the show has insane amount of pressure for these people and their nerves have to be shot once they see the judges, but thats what it is all about. If she had it, she would have shown it. She had two chances, and was equally bad and equally glitzed out in both try outs.

I'm not saying she didn't suck, I detest the style of music she was doing, and she did fall under the pressure. I'm just agreeing that she was "set-up" to some extent. Plus though, if they let that little cowboy kid through at the end, then more of the people that have tried and got rejected should be making it through. But who knows what Simon and crew see. Honestly though, the only one of those judges that REALLY knows a damn thing is Simon. Randy, somewhat. Paula? Hell no. What the hell made her suddenly somebody who knows s*** about this stuff? Simon knows music, and he knows "Pop".

Glad to see the bald Metal guy get through. Knew he would, just due to the commercials, but his wifes reaction ruled. :headbang

Edited by Kid Gleason

another American Idol note....

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - They sang like angels for their audition on Tuesday's 'American Idol' premiere, but a pair of Memphis twins may sound more like jailbirds by the time the show goes live from Hollywood.

Terrell Brittenum, 28, has been in jail since Jan. 10 on an outstanding warrant for charges related to the illegal purchase of a car in Rockdale County, Ga., east of Atlanta.

He and his brother, Derrell, are accused of using another man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum in June.

Derrell was expected to turn himself in on the same charges of forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud, The Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

The brothers auditioned together in September for the hit TV show 'American Idol' and impressed the show's prickly judges to continue to the next round. Segments of the show have already been recorded and will air during the next few weeks.

Fox Broadcasting Co. refused to discuss the Brittenums or their status on the show.

The return of the show Tuesday drew its best-ever season premiere ratings with 35.5 million viewers. It was a 6 percent increase over last year's debut, according to preliminary Nielsen Media Research figures.

If it's the twins im thinking of..they sure sang well but MAN ARE THEY STUPID!!!

I think problems like those two have are immediate dismissal from American Idol too.

Sometimes it amazes me that some people are so bold to go on tv after they committed a crime. Everyone knows American Idol is watched by millions of viewers, the chances of your face being recognized are very good.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
Glad to see the chick from Catfight made it through.  They are a pretty kick ass all girl band that plays at the bars. 

http://www.catfightband.com/frame_index.html

Is that supposed to be in green? Man I have seen them a couple time playing at the bars and they are so bad. Also that chick from Catfight I am pretty sure got turned down.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
uh oh, American Idol is politically incorrect

against gays

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mn...obic_20_01_2006

This will be nothing. Did you guys see the "guy" that spurred this comment?

," while Jackson asked another audition hopeful, "Are you a girl?" Both contestants were rejected.

You couldn't tell!! "he" was wearing heels and a women's t-shirt, yet seemed shocked people asked the question.

Simon offends anybody and everybody. Jackson's comment was fair. This is much ado about nothing. OR an organization just trying to get pub for itself on the heels of a very popular show.