American Idol

mreye

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Is that supposed to be in green?  Man I have seen them a couple time playing at the bars and they are so bad.  Also that chick from Catfight I am pretty sure got turned down.

opinions are like assholes...everyone has one. I hardly think they are bad. They are a cover band...they play the music, they hit the notes, they put their own spin on some things and they have a good time doing it. I have seen them probably 4 or 5 times and I have never heard of or seen anyone at the bar not having a good time. They also happen to be playing when my friend had his bachelor party at Balmoral. Carmen and Silvy were having a party there that same night. We invited them up to our suite and had a few drinks and shot the s***. They were all pretty cool. So I'm rooting for her.

If you heard her in her audition...she had a pretty good voice.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
my favorite part was when that trailor trash latent queer was asked by randy jackson why he was "different" and simon burst out laughing

Man, you need to reign yourself in. you oughtta think before you type, this is pretty rude, even by SL&P standards.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
Is anyone watching this? I had Fox on because of Seinfeld, and when I came back from eating, a Kelly Pickler? was on, damn. Are all the girls on the show this hot? I think I just fell in love.

You're in luck Tony, some of them are from the area. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1023033

Didn't it appear every other man featured within this last hour has had a lisp, or otherwise feminine voice? I wonder if this is a subtle dig at the activists claiming Powell (and thus, American Idol) discriminated against gays. The one person in particular--who sang Aladdin--was told he resembled Sylvester Stallone's sister.

I also find it odd how the second contestant featured sang Kelly Clarkson, whom declined American Idol from airing her music.

Coming up next is the crazed black woman they've been promoting all show. Should be great.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Didn't it appear every other man featured within this last hour has had a lisp, or otherwise feminine voice? I wonder if this is a subtle dig at the activists claiming Powell (and thus, American Idol) discriminated against gays. The one person in particular--who sang Aladdin--was told he resembled Sylvester Stallone's sister.

I also find it odd how the second contestant featured sang Kelly Clarkson, whom declined American Idol from airing her music.

Coming up next is the crazed black woman they've been promoting all show. Should be great.

She relented and allowed her music to be used after everyone threw a fit.

That black woman was my absolute favorite Idol contestant EVER!

At one point after being told she wasn't going to Hollywood she said exactly this.

"I know I am gonna make it big. You wanna know how? 10 of my motherf***in psycic friends told me so. So there!"

I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
That black woman was my absolute favorite Idol contestant EVER!

At one point after being told she wasn't going to Hollywood she said exactly this.

"I know I am gonna make it big.  You wanna know how?  10 of my motherf***in psycic friends told me so.  So there!"

I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes.

You must be talking about the girl in the silver hooker get-up. She was cracking me up too. She said "When Paula abdul walks out on the street, noone knows she is a celebrity. But when I walk out on the street, they think I could be a celebrity. Whats that "Straight up now tell me" s***? I could do that, thats nothing, no big deal. Im gonna be famous....etc."

The kid that sang "It cuts like a knife" was cracking me up too, but I felt really bad for him when he started begging to sing another song because he knew that he was out.

seriously, how many of these people really think they have talent? They showed a montage of the freaks and geeks that showed up, and I was so surprised. So many no talent ass clowns doing magic tricks try out for American Idol. You have to wait in line for days, then embarrass yourself on tv, and thats what you want to do in life? Unbelievable.

Its all about maximizing your 15 minutes of fame rock. Who would have thought that William Hung would have done anything besides work at your local walmart after his audition? He may have sucked then and he may suck now, but he has made some serious money since that episode.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
Nah, they tried taking it away for a few months there, but I've redeemed myself enough to regain my title of "Noted Glam Scholar" again.  :D

It's a VERY nice Glam Card, by the way - all silver with glitter, and every name on it mis-spelled. :lol: